Anyone for a Karting GTG at Amen Corner?

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant. Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDI - A Fantastic Car! Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
A while back we had a good GTG at Amen Corner Karting Track in Rufford, near Nottingham.

A good day was had by all and I think it would be nice to repeat the dose if anyone's interested.

There's also the bonus of having a couple of nice pubs close to the karting track where we can have lunch.

LINK to the track.

I can't find the original MB Club Karting thread though?

If we can get in excess of six members who want to try their hand at karting I think it would be worthwhile having the meeting.

Late February or early March is probably the earliest time for the GTG I would say, but please put forward any ideas you have.

OP
OP
ringway

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant. Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDI - A Fantastic Car! Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!

BIG UN

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes Vito Sport,Mercedes CLK Brabus, Alfa Romeo Alfetta
I used to go to amen corner a lot with all my mates when i was in my 20's, used to love it. Then i got to go again a couple of years ago for a stag do,the tracks had been altered probably for the better i must add. But the carts seemed to have got slower & had shrunk!! Cause, quite obviously it couldn't have been me putting on a stone or 2 since my last visit & needed shoe horning into the cart. But it was a superb day out, very competitive & very well run.

bennesspipers

MB Enthusiast
Car
'95 W202 C220 Elegance saloon & 2001 C240 V6 Sport Estate
Hehe Have fun guys,i did, & it was great to meet other members for real :)

OP
OP
ringway

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Hehe Have fun guys,i did, & it was great to meet other members for real :)

Hi stranger!

Yes, John is an excellent kart driver. Good day that was. :thumb:

OP
OP
ringway

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Last edited:

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Will talk to SWMBO as I'm still officially banned from Karts in her eyes ;) The reason being the 2 serious Motorsport accidents I have had in the last 30 years both of them have been in Karts with one as an Instructor :eek: and the scars remind me just how painful it was. I don't even take part in our corporate events these days.

Even if I don't race might join you for lunch and Spectate depending on dates :thumb:

bennesspipers

MB Enthusiast
Car
'95 W202 C220 Elegance saloon & 2001 C240 V6 Sport Estate
@ Ringway, Hey Paul, let me know when this is gonna be (phone), WE :)devil:) may come along !!! :D

Adam230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
German oil burner
I would really be up for this - sounds like a great idea. count me in

OP
OP
ringway

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
you should try to get a mini competition with another club, at MBO we have a kart race in milton keynes against BMW and Porche owners clubs

That should be right up their street then. No indicators on a kart and they can continue to drive like a pricks. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom