Anyone for a Karting GTG at Amen Corner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
A while back we had a good GTG at Amen Corner Karting Track in Rufford, near Nottingham.

A good day was had by all and I think it would be nice to repeat the dose if anyone's interested.

There's also the bonus of having a couple of nice pubs close to the karting track where we can have lunch.

LINK to the track.

I can't find the original MB Club Karting thread though?

If we can get in excess of six members who want to try their hand at karting I think it would be worthwhile having the meeting.

Late February or early March is probably the earliest time for the GTG I would say, but please put forward any ideas you have.

Can I come?

Attachments

• image-328823401.jpg
    image-328823401.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 96
I used to go to amen corner a lot with all my mates when i was in my 20's, used to love it. Then i got to go again a couple of years ago for a stag do,the tracks had been altered probably for the better i must add. But the carts seemed to have got slower & had shrunk!! Cause, quite obviously it couldn't have been me putting on a stone or 2 since my last visit & needed shoe horning into the cart. But it was a superb day out, very competitive & very well run.

Hehe Have fun guys,i did, & it was great to meet other members for real :)

Will talk to SWMBO as I'm still officially banned from Karts in her eyes ;) The reason being the 2 serious Motorsport accidents I have had in the last 30 years both of them have been in Karts with one as an Instructor :eek: and the scars remind me just how painful it was. I don't even take part in our corporate events these days.

Even if I don't race might join you for lunch and Spectate depending on dates :thumb:

@ Ringway, Hey Paul, let me know when this is gonna be (phone), WE :)devil:) may come along !!! :D

I would really be up for this - sounds like a great idea. count me in

you should try to get a mini competition with another club, at MBO we have a kart race in milton keynes against BMW and Porche owners clubs

you should try to get a mini competition with another club, at MBO we have a kart race in milton keynes against BMW and Porche owners clubs

That should be right up their street then. No indicators on a kart and they can continue to drive like a pricks. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom