Anyone going to see Genesis live ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
Anyone going to see Genesis live at their Manchester or London shows ?

I've just seen them at Parc des Princes Stadium in Paris. They were absolutely fantastic. The light show and sound quality was amazing.

I won't reveal the set list but they were on for 2 hours 35 minutes and the place was rocking. 46,000 full house - a truly epic night in Paris.

I last saw them at Wembley Stadium 20 years ago and they were even better this time.

Needless to say the star performed admirably in all weathers clocking up another 1100 trouble free miles on the Manchester to Paris return journey.

I last saw them at Wembley Stadium 20 years ago and they were even better this time.

I remember it took hours to get out! How much were the 2007 tickets by the way?

Mike

If you had a time machine and I could see them with Peter Gabriel I'd be there.

With that bald Phil Grant lookalike, no.

You mean this Phil Grant lookalike? ;)

4m135gz.jpg

Mike (sorry)

I don't like the new stuff but the set list is pretty great. I like the "early Phil Collins on vocals" era better than a lot of the Gabriel stuff. TOTT and WAW are top albums. Duke was great as well. Anything after Genesis (83) is tosh although a couple of tracks off Invisible Touch are ok. "I Can't Dance" era stuff is just painful.

Yup, was there in '87 too and will be at Twickenham this sunday.

I'll give you a wave.....:D

My Wife is looking after a child Sunday night because her parents are going to see Genisis :D

Me and Mrs Comports will be in attandance at Twickenham on Sunday. She bought me the gold tickets for xmas but there was a **** up insending them out to me so I complained ( a lot) and they have upgraded us to VIP tickets..!! :bannana: :bannana:

Not sure what the difference is though.

Went to see the "Invisible touch" tour quite a few years ago now and it was the best atmosphere concert I have ever been too.

I can't wait (or should be I can't dance)... Either fits.:cool:

Yup, was there in '87 too and will be at Twickenham this sunday.

I'll give you a wave.....:D

I'm miss the show as we are in the Isle of Man to see Brian Wilson.
That's why I went to the Genesis Paris show.
Enjoy the show - it's brilliant !

I'll taking the CLK with me and also wonder what it's like for parking there..??

Anyone got any clues..? Perhaps we should have arranged a GTG and some special parkng places..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree about his nausiating voice.

This thread caused me to stick Invisible Touch into the PC only to find a problem with playing sound in full 5:1...Just spent a day building a new PC...

Thanks Guys...but at least I'm listening to Tonight Tonight Tonight right now...just seeing if the neighbours like it...:D :D

Peter Gabriel will be on soon as well...:)

Hope it's a good Gig...:)

So what did you think of it then.

I thought the gig was great but does'nt Phil look old now..??

Who drove....? We parked just off site on an industrial site and the Policew closed the entrance from it for 2 hours after the gig to let all the foot guest leave first. We did not leave until 12.15. It was disgraceful - We even left during the last song to get a "Quick" getaway..!!

Ah well. Finally got home at 2.15 so a bit blearey eyed this morning.

I saw them at Wembley in '87 too :D :D They were brilliant. I treated myself to WaW and ToTT on CD a few months ago.

Phil C doesn't look old, He looks his age, I would say - which at 56 he's not wearing too bad at all.

The gig was superb, I thought the sound was too bassy though and it masked some of the more subtle guitar and keyboard playing. Still had a massive grin on my face though!!

comports - if it's any consolation we walked from the stadium and the crowds at the station meant we only just got the last one at 12:05....

Sacd

For any fans out there.

Genesis are releasing re-mastered albums (possibly the full catalogue?). Also being released 5.1 SACD versions - don't know if these are good or bad in this instance but SACD versions might have a short shelf life if sales are poor, so get in quick.

Mike

....and the 'bootleg' from the tour is available on www.themusic.com.

You choose the gig you went to (or not!) and the 2CD is an output from the sound desk of that particular gig, rather than a generic of the whole tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom