Anyone gone up a profile on tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Liddo

Car
C63 W205
Afternoon All

Im finding my C63 on Michelin Pilot 4's a bit too firm on these UK roads, even in comfort. Has anyone gone from 30's to 40's on the rear and up on the fronts as well?

OR

Have found a nice and quiet and comfortable tyre they would like to recommend 😁

Cheers

That would increase the rolling radius by a noticable percentage, so would make your speedo inaccurate, wonder if it would also interfere with systems that measure wheel rotational speed like ABS etc. Might also cause the wheel to interfere in the wheel arches due to increased tyre radius/diammeter.

Might be a lot easier to go for a set of smaller diammeter rims making sure they would fit over your brake calipers.

Arghhhhhh, yeah, suppose that's not the best idea then! lol

So, what tyres are you running?, and are they quiet and comfortable! 😁

What size tyres are fitted now ?

You should be on 35 front and rear if the avatar picture is your car.

I wouldn't change the profile for the reasons stated.

If you go down to an 18" you can go to 40 but check that your front brakes are 360mm and not 390mm before you do.

NB: The ride isn't that much better on one profile up tyres and the PS4S does ride well.

You've bought the wrong car if it really bothers you but you could fit MSS suspension springs. Although many use them for the ability to lower the car they can be run at standard height and they ride better than stock.

These are not known for comfort so, you’re a bit stuck here. It’s lovely going from it to the Eclass.

I don’t even think 18s ride any better.

Personally I don’t think it will make enough difference to be worthwhile. It will be like dialing back from 100 to 95 on the stiffometer, you may not be able to feel the difference.

Cheers for the replies guys, and yeah, I've heard the Goodyears are quiet AND comfortable, so may swap to them when the time comes.

Dont get me wrong though, I STILL love my car, and I'll put up with the firm ride just for the noise ;)

You're in the lucky position where you can get Eagle F1 Supersports in the right sizes front and rear. They have had very good reviews and likely to be at least as good as PS4S in performance terms whilst being a bit cheaper. I'd get them next.

Sadly they don't do the F1 Supersport in a 265/30/19 or otherwise I'd buy them.

Yep, the stock F1 Assm 5s are great for ride, noise and grip well too, wet or dry.

I changed the 19s on my CLS to 18s and the difference in ride quality was very noticeable. The handling did not seem to be sacrificed at all. I had Goodyears (F1 Assymetric 3 I think).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom