Anyone got a cassette player ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggie-rock

Car
2015 E Class coupe 220 diesel bluetec, 2009 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3
Almost forgotten cassettes ever existed but it seems many car manufactures continued to fit the units many years after they were just about obsolete.
The last car I owned which had one of these cassette devices was a 2004 Jag X Type.
I was wondering if any later cars have these fitted, and if anyone still uses music cassettes?

My Dads 2004 W211 has one (audio 10?) Which I find amazing.

It still has the CD auto changer tho

Not later than your X type but my '98 540i has the cassette player which is used regularly.

I have some of the BBC cassettes of Round the Horn which I listen to all the time.

My wife's '87 XR2 has the original radio/cassette player which she uses a lot.

Round The Horn, good choice. What happened to good radio comedy like that ?

My E39 has a cassette player in the dash. X5's did until about 05 I think.
I have a lot of cassettes and a small collection of retro stereos and graphic equalizers. Cant explain why, i just like them! Ill post some pics at some point.

My GTI mk1 has has the pull out cassette player lol so no one nicks it, retro style lol

My old Skoda Octavia had a cassette player as well as a 6 CD changer. My music collection now resides on a 32GB USB stick, so I'm spoilt for choice. The wonders of modern tech!

I still have two of the fantastic Sony XRC-900RDS cassette head units , and associated components , which have been swapped from car to car since buying them back in the 1980's , I also have one of the CDX-910 CD head units which I sometimes put in instead . While I don't use cassettes much these days , the systems are set up with twin 10 disc CD changers in the boot along with the DSP unit and power amplifiers .

The last car I had with one was and 02 BMW 320i.

It also had a 6 CD changer so it wasn't all bad!

Not later than your X type but my '98 540i has the cassette player which is used regularly.

I have some of the BBC cassettes of Round the Horn which I listen to all the time.

My wife's '87 XR2 has the original radio/cassette player which she uses a lot.

Wow ! I'm 67 now and I can remember sitting down for Sunday dinner with my late Mum & Dad listening to Round The Horn I can hear my Dad laughing now . That's made my day. :thumb::thumb:

Was going to put a cassette player in something a while ago, but someone told me that they were just a passing phase, so I'll stick with the 8 track. :D

Actually, my Jeep has a cassette player but I have no cassettes any more. :(

Round The Horn, good choice. What happened to good radio comedy like that ?

They dug them all up and now air them all the time on Radio 4 Extra.......brilliant stuff.

My Lexus RX that we sold three weeks ago had a cassette player, a Nakamichi system of all things, sounded great.......but never used in anger.

I'm sure I seen some retro looking radio/cassette players but with modern technology ie:Bluetooth, USB port, must saw it on eBay or somewhere

Mrs abecketts Audi convertible has a cassette player and auto changer, still works very well.

A couple of days ago on the radio they were playing bow wow wow c30, c60, c90 go, would be lost on you youth of today.

My 2001 Nissan Primera had tape and CD stacker but the radio was usless.

I had a 2005 x type which had one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom