Anyone got a Fiat 500 Twinair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've stopped going for test drives when I realised that I can't stop thinking about a car and have to buy it in the end every time I go for a test drive 🥴
I have car for sale, would you like to test drive it?

I've stopped going for test drives when I realised that I can't stop thinking about a car and have to buy it in the end every time I go for a test drive 🥴

My first rule of hifi; never go for a demo. It's save me me THOUSANDS over the years.

Quite. My test-drive to buy ratio is worryingly high. Just by testing a 4 year old 500 the other day I found my budget immediately and permanently increase by 50%.

I mean, I've GOT to have those chrome bits and the infotainment system now, haven't I?

When we were in Jersey my wife exchanged her RAV4 for a nice second hand Smart for Two but after a couple of months decided she wanted one with Power Steering ( I didn't realise it hadn't got any ! ) Later when we were in the MB dealers sorting my E class out she went and talked to the Smart sales guy. Ended up taking a used Smart out which had P/S. Didn't like it but while she was out I was looking at a new Cabriolet in the showroom. They were keen to shift it as a new model was due the following month so we did a very good deal ! And I never even test drove it! Would you believe it after 4 years and 4000 miles she decided she would prefer another 3 door Rav as we had moved to Wales. We should never have sold the first one as the replacement cost me £1000 more and had 70 k on the clock v. 25 k on the original. Am not going to listen to my wife next time she fancies a change!:wallbash:

My first rule of hifi; never go for a demo. It's save me me THOUSANDS over the years.

I've just realised that four of my previous purchases were in a February.

Come Christmas break, chilled out, a bit of time of my hands so I start browsing through Autotrader as a hobby. After Christmas, still on break so got some time on my hand, so go to test drive a car for fun.

Next few weeks, my work is getting affected by that niggling thought in the back of my mind "maybe I should buy that car". By February, damn it's still on sale - that's it, I can't resist!!!

Now the self-awareness is there....

Objectively the 500 doesn't stack up. But you try telling my wife or ond of her mates to drive a Suzuki or a Vauxhall. I like the Mii and the up but she doesn't. As for a Skoda...

Its a style thing. And to be fair the 500 is a nice place to sit. Most of the others are pretty drab inside.

Fiat and the MINI people have really nailed that aspect.

Objectively the 500 doesn't stack up. But you try telling my wife or ond of her mates to drive a Suzuki or a Vauxhall. I like the Mii and the up but she doesn't. As for a Skoda...

Its a style thing. And to be fair the 500 is a nice place to sit. Most of the others are pretty drab inside.

Fiat and the MINI people have really nailed that aspect.

I was at a Pistonhead Sunday Service last year in Slough at Fiat/Daimler HQ. Courtesy coffee and pizza. It was a great event.
They had many owners and new cars on display there. The Fiat 500 were very enticing. Each one looked unique with its customisation/options. It was a lovely place to sit in and the simplicity just tells you there is not much to go wrong with these things.

You are right, they just don't make sense from a practical view point compared to other cars in that price bracket but they are SO enticing. Really nice to sit in - it just felt so right and so fun. I couldn't believe I was saying that myself.

I was at a Pistonhead Sunday Service last year in Slough at Fiat/Daimler HQ. Courtesy coffee and pizza. It was a great event.
They had many owners and new cars on display there. The Fiat 500 were very enticing. Each one looked unique with its customisation/options. It was a lovely place to sit in and the simplicity just tells you there is not much to go wrong with these things.

You are right, they just don't make sense from a practical view point compared to other cars in that price bracket but they are SO enticing. Really nice to sit in - it just felt so right and so fun. I couldn't believe I was saying that myself.

It's funny. I was dead set against them before I first sat in one. I immediately changed my mind. LOL.

Oh and if another one of these events ever take place, DON'T take your wife there ;)

Oh and if another one of these events ever take place, DON'T take your wife there ;)

Don't worry - it's boys only the next time I go to Bicester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom