Anyone got a good picture of the rear of a W124 500E estate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Hi

i need a picture of a W124 500E estate so i can compare the rear bumpers.

does anyone know of such a pic?

thanks

Derek

I thought the 500E only came as a saloon?

AFAIK Mercedes didn't build an E500 estate

Edit: If they did, can I have one please?

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Last edited:
There is no such car Silver.

I've never heard of a 124 500E/E500 estate.

Will

Me either. Though about 3 years ago, I saw a W124 coupe with E500 running gear. It was on mobile.de and my German was (is) poor, so I don't know what sort of originality/conversion it was.

A1248851221 appears to be a rear bumper trim for a 500E

do they have estate style bumpers then (ie shorter insert trim) compared to standard saloons?

i am pretty sure the above part number will fit my standard W124 estate as the bumper it attaches to is the same part number for my car & the 500E.

however, i was wondering if there is any additional garnish added to the 500E so it wont actually look any good on my car unless i also purchase the said garnish

any thoughts would be most welcome.

its to replace a cracked bumper insert on my car.

appears it wont fit????

RearEnd.jpg

VS

w124estate_LS_1.jpg

the tailgate lid actually takes up part of what the bumper is on the saloon model..... it appears

There have been 500E estates and indeed Bernie Ecclestone had a w124 E60 Estate ! But they were likely made to order.

The easiest way round this is to mould the sides of the 500E bumper to the centre section of the estate bumper.

talbir

looks like is not going to fit my car.... thanks anyway for everyone's input.

i want somehting that will just fit easily - dont want to mod or repair etc - i may aswell repair my current insert if i have to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom