anyone got a helf decent bike lying around? read on...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
Hi all.
My 13 year old is now out of his current bike and on the cusp of large boy/man's sized bikes. We have bought loads of bikes new in the past and it is quite expensive. Just looked today and boy have they gone up in price - cheapest full suspension bike I could find was Halfrauds £100 self assembly and it wasn't that great to be honest.
Due to the sizing situation this won't be his "final" bike so I don't want to spend £200 odd. He can just about manage on my 18" Claud Butler but I want to use it when he uses his so no go!
Anyone out there got a decent-ish 18" framed bike going spare they would want to go to a caring home? There are of course beer tokens in it, unless you'd prefer a deal involving a couple of good smaller kids bikes which I have spare (daughter)?

PM me if you have anything, cheers. John

Costco have some decent ones, I looked in Haflords for one for franey junior and they all looked to be china style of type jazzed up to try and look good.
The costco ones are all Raleigh, probably still made in china but better quality.
We paid £100 plus vat for the raleigh mountain with front suspension, there was another but cannot remember the price.
HTH

Eeeeh, when I were a lad it all factories here.....
Made in China now, the last few years was just assembly of CKD Chinese built kits, factory went in 2002
TBH the 'Raleighs' I have seen are no better or worse than most other Chinese bikes at the same price-point?
cheers

Last edited:
only a few weeks ago, they should still have them.

Hehe, interesting colour 'read and black design' :rolleyes:
cheers!

Last edited:
To the O/p. Why do you want a full suspension bike, they are heavy and awful to ride for all but very rough downhill off-road use.

Just scour ebay for a 2nd hand bike, there will be loads.

Look for one at a local car boot sale.

i got a claude and butler 4 years ago... totally rubbish... rust on handlebars, brakes, chain, brake wires, gear wires...
should have spent my money elsewhere :(

Hi Jon

I have a 'Shadow Stealth' in the garage , front suspension , seems to be 16/17 inch frame.

Bit of a story behind it , i was working at someones house and it was in the next door neighbours front garden , the council turned up and started loading it into a bin lorry.

I hate to see things go to waste so i said that i would have it. Long story short it has sat in my garage unridden ever since ( i have three other bikes :crazy: )

It's 18 speed , gripshift , Shimano gears . It needs an inner tube for the rear wheel and a bit of a grease up , but that seems to be it. Seems to be half decent.

Don't want anything for it , if you want it , come and get it , i'm at Hampton Court Jcn 1 of the M3.

Last edited:
It goes without saying that Howard has pm lol!!!

Anyone else?

You have PM back. :)

Provisionally sorted thanks to Howard with thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom