anyone got a "male" split rim socket / spline i can borrow ?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Like it says, I know you can get the female split rim sockets on eBay for pennies but I need the male 10 point 8mm spline version which is not available anywhere apart from Germany which costs $$$$$ and is currently out of stock

Anyone

Cheers

Brett

The middle one of this (very expensive) set?

unknown-OZ-tool-set_landscapex.png

I might still have one kicking around in the garage from when I had my OZ Operas. I'll have a look tonight.

Pic not showing but they are operas so should be the one

Would be mucho appreciated if you could find it :)

Not a disaster if not as just picked up a top tip from a bike forum that I never would have thought of apparently you can take a normal split rim bolt and weld a m8 nut to the thread and hey presto instant bit !

Those are the female tools for the raised 10pt bolts.

What Brett needs is the middle one of these
boltremovaltools.jpg

for the 10pt socket head bolts.

Just popped out to the garage, found it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately lazerline only do the male sockets , google shows that other peeps have contacted them before. 99% of split rims use the female socket (male bolts) its only certain wheels by OZ that use the 10 point male socket (female bolts) . OZ did not want people like me faffing about taking the wheels apart so made it difficult on purpose !

Got to be 10 point though mate, was at my normal mechanics today and went through every tool in his very very substantive collection and nothing fitted :( I actually left the wheel there for him to machine something up but if I can get something sorted in the meantime will be cheaper

Yes, they normally have good stock. That's where my set came from (but I wasn't paying!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom