Anyone got a Pebble?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Boss has one, after a couple of days the novelty wore off and he regrets buying it. by time you have looked at your watch screen, read the tiny screen you might aswell have removed your phone from your pocket.

Good I guess if you are always in meetings and want to sneak a look at what txt you have got...

(not trying to put a downer on your purchase!)

I quite fancy one as I'm a watch geek :D but TBH my phone came out of the ark and I don't plan on upgrading it any time soon, so a Pebble would be a teensie bit pointless..

Cheers,

Gaz

after a couple of days the novelty wore off and he regrets buying it. by time you have looked at your watch screen, read the tiny screen you might as well have removed your phone from your pocket.

(not trying to put a downer on your purchase!)

Neither am I, but I must say I was pretty much thinking the same thing.

Must admit I've been tempted recently with the pebble and also the I'm Watch but traditionally when I purchase something like this a flurry of newer better products come to the market so will hold fire for now! Plus there aren't too many iOS based smart watches yet!

It arrived last week, after being held up in customs for more than a week. We were on holiday so I only got to play with it on Sunday night.

It's a nice piece of kit. Comes with the leather strap fitted so I need to get along to jeweller to swap to the metal strap (and adjust the links). Great looking box and packaging too.

On Monday I found it's first genuine use. On packed train, looking for a colleague who was holding a seat, hands full. He sent me an SMS, and I looked at my wrist and it told me exactly where he was. Without it I would have had to stop, balance stuff, and get my phone out - possibly dropping it. Or I would have ignored it not realising it was him. A small thing but useful.

Also in the W203 the aux in is in the glovebox, and so my iPhone can't easily be controlled without having the lead hanging out of an empty glovebox, and risk holding and using a phone whilst driving, even if it's only skipping tracks. I can control it from the Pebble without taking my eye off the road, and with the glovebox closed. Again useful.

This won't be useful but it's pretty cool nonetheless: controlling our central heating!! :cool:

And here's me thinking my Casio radio controlled solar powered was cool. :doh:

I may upgrade !! , Watch looks Cool enjoy

Attachments

• micky.jpg
    micky.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
And here's me thinking my Casio radio controlled solar powered was cool. :doh:

I still think they are cool, I have a nice Edifice too, and to me that is a WATCH, I want a watch to do what my watch does. I can tell the time, set alarms, go swimming, play sport, bang it against a wall (accidentally) and its tough. A smart phone does what a smart phone does, I can't be bothered with a hybrid, and you just know, the first time you accidentally bash that pebble on a door frame...

Crikey I sound like my dad!

The Pebble now controls the heating, in and out of the house!! :cool:

Satnav on the Pebble shows promise but not yet had a proper chance to use it.

I've only gone and bought another! The new Pebble Time was launched today, and I couldn't resist :eek: http://kck.st/1BluaTQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom