Anyone got an A6 avant?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
tell me more :D

Which year do you have in mind? I had a 2014 3.0 Bi TDi, which was very competent, possibly too competent.

No.1 Son is just about to get one, same as Bobby Dazzler's.

Had a 2014 Sline Ultra and it was junk. Wrong wheel drive gutless and no toys. Did order a BiTDI Black edition but I ended up back in my third 535d.

Beautiful car and amazing build quality. But that spec was awful.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

:oops:

Thanks for the replies chaps. I was looking around 2010...

either that or an ML... A6 is an amazing motorway cruiser I have been told... which engine would you recommend at that year?

Not thinking of changing are You?

Haha, the CLK will be with me until it goes back into the ground solely due to the amount of money gone into it, and that I will never see that money back... however am always looking for other cars ;P

Assuming you're not after a big petrol, I would go for the most powerful 3.0 TDi engine. They do eat up the motorway miles easily. Probably the most refined motorway cruise I've ever had, very competent in every respect, but it didn't still the soul unfortunately.

This was mine, back in 2014:

full

full

Probably the most refined motorway cruise I've ever had, very competent in every respect, but it didn't still the soul unfortunately.

I'll back this up. Although we do have a big petrol version, it can cover ground very quickly with very little fuss.

Some would read that as boring. Certainly I'd say our C7 S6 is an Autobahn car, it is so effortlessly fast (and quiet) on motorways that I need the digital speedo on the dash at all times otherwise it's easy to go 100mph + without realising if there isn't much traffic around with which to reference your speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom