Anyone got BOSE Solo or equivalent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I stumbled upon this old thread, and it reminded me that I never updated it. We bought a Denon DHT-T110 TV Speaker a month or so ago, from Richer Sounds. This is an updated version of the speaker I considered 12 months ago.

I went to buy Cambridge Audio Minx as it had been reduced to £129, but unfortunately it was too tall to fit in the space I wanted to put it, and I would have to use a converter for sound connections, so I went for the Denon at £199.

It sounds great, and when there's some bass then it makes a huge difference. I'm sure multi-speaker systems with a separate sub would sound even better, but there are no wires and the unit itself is almost invisible.

Chuffed :thumb:

EL_dhtt110_e2_bk_fr.png

Not heard the bose solo and have been thoroughly underwhelmed by all the soundbars I've heard.

A friend has just bought a Orbitsound M12 for £299 and swears that there is no better vfm when it comes to soundbars.

I'll be demoing it in his place next week but he has been researching for a few months about which one to get.

Nor hitherto impressed by Bose equipment in general , or any other sound bars , but the Bose 1SR was a cut above .

OK my Hi Fi friends what about a crackin' system to make our kitchen diner bounce about. Currently running a bogo standard Philips MC260 Micro system.

I did think Bose because of their adverts but way too expensive and from various posts on here only average. Room is say 18 by 21 as in feet. Thanks in advance.

This would be quite nice for the kitchen , you could add the tuner separately .

QUAD 99 CD PLAYER SOUND SYSTEM | eBay

The old saying is still true : Bose is for Bozos ;)

I've got some Bose MediaMate computer speakers that must be coming up on 10 years old now - still very happy with them. For their size, they knock out a pretty impressive sound. :p

Cheers,

Gaz

I stumbled upon this old thread, and it reminded me that I never updated it. We bought a Denon DHT-T110 TV Speaker a month or so ago, from Richer Sounds. This is an updated version of the speaker I considered 12 months ago.

I went to buy Cambridge Audio Minx as it had been reduced to £129, but unfortunately it was too tall to fit in the space I wanted to put it, and I would have to use a converter for sound connections, so I went for the Denon at £199.

It sounds great, and when there's some bass then it makes a huge difference. I'm sure multi-speaker systems with a separate sub would sound even better, but there are no wires and the unit itself is almost invisible.

Chuffed :thumb:

EL_dhtt110_e2_bk_fr.png

On Friday night we sat down to watch Jurassic World and the Denon died, after just 10 months :(

The standard TV speakers sound tinny by comparison, and a film like Jurassic World really needs the extra volume and bass!

It's now back with Richer Sounds, for Denon to repair.

That's a shame. We have one of the Denon mini systems mentioned earlier in this thread rigged up to the TV in our kitchen/conservatory and the sound that little box puts out is astonishing. Not missed a beat in the three years we've had it.

Very surprising. We have a Denon UD-M50 in the kitchen and UD-M30 in the office and both have been excellent for well over 10 years.

I've always held high regard for Denon.

On Friday night we sat down to watch Jurassic World and the Denon died, after just 10 months :(

The standard TV speakers sound tinny by comparison, and a film like Jurassic World really needs the extra volume and bass!

It's now back with Richer Sounds, for Denon to repair.

I forgot to update this thread. The fault turned out to be the main control board, so Denon fitted a replacement and it was back at Richer Sounds for me to collect just four days after I dropped it off. It took me a couple of weeks to get round to collecting it, but it's hooked up now and all is well. It's a shame it broke but good service none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom