Anyone had a car cover from this firm?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a good price. Can't vouch for the firm but they do seem to have a lot of clients (if genuine of course)

I'm not a big fan of these covers. They trap a thin layer of moisture against the paint and the inner surface is quite abrasive

I think you'd be better off with a Carcoon or a garage / lean-to

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

I'm not a big fan of these covers. They trap a thin layer of moisture against the paint and the inner surface is quite abrasive

I think you'd be better off with a Carcoon or a garage / lean-to

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

I have requested that they send me a swatch of the cover so that I can check out the material

Paddy

I have covers for the Bentleys and the TVR and tbh they are such a ball ache to put on I rarely bother. The car has to be spotless underneath to prevent scratching and is only worth doing if the car is not used for long periods of time.

That is the company my wife retired from, and had you been buying 2 years ago or more it would have been a 50/50 chance that she would have made the cover. Only 2 people sew the car and helicopter covers, everyone else sews for motorbikes or caravan awnings.

The client list is genuine and as well as individuals they also made a cover for every Maclaren Mercedes SLR sold and car covers for the Maclaren F1 Racing team including cars, tyre covers and helmet bags. They did launch covers for BMW, Mini and Jaguar among others and the Sultan of Brunei had 500 made for his collection which included over 100 non standard cars that had to be individually measured.
Oh and my daughter had an outdoor one on her MX5 for years without any problems.

The quality was always very good but has probably gone downhill since my wife left (joking)

I had an outdoor cover on my SL for several years. They need to fit exactly (to stop it flapping around when the wind blows), and as mentioned they have to be good quality material and the car must be clean. Given those provisos they work well.

Mine was a Covercraft, cost £300 or so.

A number of previous threads on this so worth a few searches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom