Anyone had a GL320/350 or 420 cdi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oli

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
Just wanted to know what they’re like in terms of reliability and drive really?, it would be used for towing and will get used off road now and then but nothing super extreme, as they have low range and adjustable suspension I’m guessing they’re fairly capable?. It would be replacing a 3.6 TDV8 Range Rover.
Are the facelift ones better built?, ideally I’d rather go for one of them as they seem to have the newer nav so you get built in Bluetooth and iPod connection etc.

Had a conversation with a guy who owned a GL420 and he told me the fuel consumption was really bad even for a diesel.

Interesting I’ve just bought a 2007 GL320 and apart from being slightly underpowered (imho) , so far it has been great apart from the air suspension (I’m replacing the rear airbags and the compressor). Everything else has been fine.

I am also looking to upgrade the ICE as I need to incorporate Bluetooth for phone and streaming. I’ve contemplated changing the head unit altogether for one of the Android units on eBay - £2-300.

We've got the DSR and lockable diffs and low-range so they have the kit to do off road stuff but as usual most of it will be down to tyres.

I couldn’t see the 420 being much worse than the 3.6 in the Rangie?, I’m getting about 23 round town in that and 30/31 on a motorway drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom