Anyone Had A Mini?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m also a fan of the Prince engine fitted to the R56

Clearly that’s a sign of the times,

I see what you did there... is that engine a "purple top" like the old Astra GTE 16vs had a "red top" engine? :D

Swapped my SLK 55 for a poverty spec 2015 F56 Cooper, 19 K miles, 15 inch wheels and auto box. Love it ,
Build quality very good , really good engine despite only 3 cylinders , very good road holding despite the small wheels and ride is so comfortable for a small car.

Swapped my SLK 55 for a poverty spec 2015 F56 Cooper, 19 K miles, 15 inch wheels and auto box. Love it ,
Build quality very good , really good engine despite only 3 cylinders , very good road holding despite the small wheels and ride is so comfortable for a small car.
I read your write-up and found it very helpful. I’ve found an 2014 F56 Cooper S with a twin turbo 2 litre engine that ticks the boxes.

I read your write-up and found it very helpful. I’ve found an 2014 F56 Cooper S with a twin turbo 2 litre engine that ticks the boxes.
Good luck , am sure you will enjoy it

Like Fiat with the 500's, they've really nailed how to put a great interior in a small(ish) car. I say "ish" as the 3rd gen MINI is a whole load bigger than the early ones.

But if you want leather, sunroof, funky bits and toys it has to be a 500 or a MINI. there's no other game in town.

I've sat in Fiesta's & Up's and been massively unimpressed by the interiors. Just because they're small and economical doesn't mean I have to be punished for my choice.

Like Fiat with the 500's, they've really nailed how to put a great interior in a small(ish) car. I say "ish" as the 3rd gen MINI is a whole load bigger than the early ones.

But if you want leather, sunroof, funky bits and toys it has to be a 500 or a MINI. there's no other game in town.

I've sat in Fiesta's & Up's and been massively unimpressed by the interiors. Just because they're small and economical doesn't mean I have to be punished for my choice.
My brother has an Abarth so that’s a no for me.
I’ve done Fords and in my view it just doesn’t have that extra something.

Mrs “change her mind” also likes the BMW 1 series convertible and the A3 convertible.

My brother has an Abarth so that’s a no for me.
I’ve done Fords and in my view it just doesn’t have that extra something.

Mrs “change her mind” also likes the BMW 1 series convertible and the A3 convertible.

Don't worry I'm not trying to sell you on 500's.

What I was saying is that Fiat & BMW have cornered the market in city cars with decent interiors.

I'd hoped to like the Fiesta but the infotainment looked like a ZX81 and the turbo lag made my teeth itch.

Don't worry I'm not trying to sell you on 500's.

What I was saying is that Fiat & BMW have cornered the market in city cars with decent interiors.

I'd hoped to like the Fiesta but the infotainment looked like a ZX81 and the turbo lag made my teeth itch.
Just looked at Fiestas and they look a bit chavvy.

I've owned a couple! First one was in 1970...oh! It was a 1959 lightweight shell car which grew from a 850 to 1293cc in the space of 18 months. It met it's end in a ditch whilst on my way to see my girlfriend....
A few years later that same girlfriend and I went on our honeymoon to Switzerland in a 1964 version fitted with 1100 engine. She is still my wife despite having to hang her feet out the windows as we climbed the Alps with the heater full on to aid the inadequate cooling system....

I've driven a number of the BMW versions and found that despite the size increase, they do actually have the spirit of the original. Rigid ride included!
My sister has a red one and loves it enough to be about to replace in with a new one.
But it seems that's what you already knew....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom