Anyone had any good experiences with MB Watford?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derektrotter

Car
MB
Hi All

I've got some work which I need to use MB Watford for as it will be FOC (long story, wont go into it here), however I am concerned about the level of negative feedback on them.

In a hope to balance things out, has anyone actually had decent service there?

I bought a used E63 from them two years ago. The purchase went without problems, and when I needed warranty work done on it they did it well and without quibbling.

HTH?

I have used them for the past 3 and half years and they've been really good! Andrew in the service dept is helpful and generally a good guy.

Thanks guys, good to hear some positive feedback, car is booked in and after reading some of the posts I thought it may come out in a worst state then what it went in for.

I think the mixture of good and bad experiences suggests that there is an underlying problem with their QC, but I can only say as I found which was good.

It was a number of years ago, but I found their service terrible.
Bought a 5 year old e-class estate from them for £18k. It was a well spec'd E350CDi with low mileage.
There were a couple of stone chips on drivers door & on bonnet which they said they would re-paint the whole panels. Was promised by salesman that it would be "like a new car"
Collected it & drove home. On the way I noticed that the drivers heated seat base didn't heat up and the engine temperature gauge didn't work. On arrival at home noticed that there was rust around the tailgate lock & handle. Phoned them & they said to take it to my local dealer & it would all be covered by warranty.
Local dealer looked initially at engine temp gauge & heated seat base and said that will be £1500 (approx, I can't remember exact figures). I said "but it has a years warranty". They asked to see paperwork and there was no 114 point check list with the car suggesting it hadn't been through Watfords workshop before the warranty was issued, therefore warranty void.
I then took it to local dealers bodyshop. Walking out to the car with their man he said "I can't touch that car" then he pointed out each panel on the drivers side was a different shade of the same colour.
Phoned Watford. I returned the car to them (200 odd mile round trip) and they gave me a loan car for a week. They delivered it back to me & took their loan car away.
On the roof there was a large patch (about 3" x 4") of missing lacquer. There was overspray on tyres & window rubbers. There was an orange peel effect and lots of bits of dust in the paint. A neighbour & brother in law (who both worked for ICI vehicle paints division) both independently said that someone had left a tack rag on the roof & gone for a tea break (at that point I didn't even know what a tack rag was).
Complained to Watford. They sent a man to collect & left us with a loan car.
I marked the paint defects on the car with arrows cut from insulation tape.
I had a call from their head honcho who said that I must have damaged the roof as their body shop cover everything up and can't possibly left a tack rag on the roof. As to the other paint defects he told me I was expecting too much from a 5 year old car. I reminded him that his salesman had told me it would be like a new car.
He offered me my money back which I took & they collected their loan car leaving me car less to find another car within a few days.
I wouldn't use them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom