Anyone have a DA polisher near B'Ham I can borrow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philip1972

Car
E350 CDI convertible 2011
Hi all

Would like to get the scratches etc out of my car this weekend, but cant really afford to buy one.

Does anyone have one they would be prepared to lend me?

Cheers

What's special about the DA?

I've seen other polishers on Amazon for £20?

What's special about the DA?

I've seen other polishers on Amazon for £20?

DA (Dual Action) is considered to be "safer" to use and some say "easier" to use to get rid of swirls and light scratches.

Straight Wheel Type polishers, in the wrong hands, will destroy paint in seconds as they run at high rpm. Their single, rotating action, will burn through paint & lacquer, if allowed to stop on the same spot for even a second. In the hands of professionals (or those who know how to use them) they appear very easy to use as they glide over your paint. Do not be fooled ;^)

A DA is less aggressive and less likely to burn paint without some effort or the wrong polish/compound. Either tool can still do damage and should be used with care. For the polishing machine virgin a pile of microfibre cloths and some good compound, is often best.

My polishing machine , not DA , runs at low rpm , with adjustable speed .

I got it from machine mart and it came with the various foam pads , which they also sell separately , along with different polishing compounds .

A quick look at machine mart's website brings up several polishers , mine is the Clarke CP185 , which I find is a very good machine and easy to use at low rpm . There are a couple of less expensive ones around the £30 -£40 price range .

Aldi/Lidl periodically have similar - I had one before getting the Clarke one , then gave it to my brother in law .

See link

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/categories/?search=Polishing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom