Anyone have a lift / pit or ramps in Hampshire area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eddy77

SUPPORTER
Car
2008 CLK 350 Sport Cab and 2021 BMW 520i M Sport Saloon
Hi all,

A bit of a strange request. I live in North Hampshire (Fleet) and was wondering if any forum members lived nearby and had access to a ramp / pit / lift. I’d really like a get under my CLK and have a good look around for corrosion as well as check the state of bushes, links, subframe etc. Last MOT flagged up surface corrosion which my mechanic assured me was no big deal but I’d like to have a nosey myself as I want to keep the car long term and want to catch any issue early.

If anyone has access to such facilities and would be willing to entertain me for an hour I’d be very much obliged. I can repay the favour with extreme wit and a crate of beer or a tipple of choice!

Thanks in advance if you can help!

Have you thought of using places like this? £20 an hour or, more realistically perhaps, £80 a day?

Pit Start - Self Service Garage - 020 8827 1919

25.jpg

Olly (Forum Sponsor - aka ‘BlackC55’ runs PCS who are excellent and are very near to Waterlooville (Horndean) - probably worth an experienced pair of eyes over the whole underside, they know exactly what to look for :thumb:

Ah, that’s ideal! Had no idea such places exists. Waterlooville isn’t too far. Thanks a lot for that. Perfect answer!
Maybe worth stocking up in advance on some Dinitrol with the extended nozzle tube for the rear subframe holes and some ACF50 for underside brake lines etc .
Ideally if you could get the under panels off and it all jet washed underneath , maybe if you rent the ramp for the day you could drive somewhere and get that done ?

Apparently a patio cleaner attachment for a pressure washer, turned upside down, works well to clean the underside/chassis of cars :thumb:

Apparently a patio cleaner attachment for a pressure washer, turned upside down, works well to clean the underside/chassis of cars :thumb:
That’s really funny I was thinking that the other day as an option for mine rather than shell out for one of those angled jet wash adapters , I thought I was the first person to think of it but maybe not :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom