Anyone have a Samsung Curved Screen TV ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No point in spending that kind of money on a non 4K TV. In another year or two most TV will be in 4K.

The main downer with the 1270 was the noise from the six ( I think it was ) cooling fans running .

In the end I replaced it as it wasn't so much the noise as the heat it pumped out, all very well in a large presentation hall but in a home room it was like having a blow heater on full for a few hours, even in the winter we used to watch films with the French doors wide open!

Thank heaven for OLED panels :thumb:

I agree about the panel type, the saleman at richer sounds last year went into great detail about this, most lost on me lol hence why I eventually went with the Panasonic...

Found some good buying info here...

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/tv-buying-guide,review-1943.html

After some research I replaced a rear projector Sony TV with a Samsung 6 series led a couple of years ago! I cannot say I am thrilled with the picture quality. May be because of low colour saturation in LED tvs compared to Sonys. Then I learned that all Samsung's up to series 6 (6400, 6800, etc) irrespective of frequency specs 200k, 400, 800 etc, are equipped with the cheaper panels that have the low generic factory refresh ability. The specs then were just hype and much digital oversampling. I don't now if things moved on since then but for an a real upgrade I would go for a 7 series upwards. More expensive though. (Similar case with SLRcameras ..more megapixels does not always mean better quality pictures if the core sensor is smaller. And same with hi-fi..an old expensive tube could sound a lot better than a modern amplifier some say even.)
So resolution (4k) is good, (don't see the point for a curve panel other than looks) but there are other factors to consider though, more basic, like the generic panel refresh frequency (its not included in the publicised specs for obvious reasons) and the number of processors that actually turn the digital signal to analogue.

Last edited:
Does anyone hang their curved TV on the wall? My missus convinced it was a good idea to buy one so purchased a 55" 4k Samsung thing. Its great and I really like it, however as above not convinced its any better than a conventional flat one. It currently sits on a cabinet but we are about to decorate and wanted to hang it on the wall to stop little finger prints being put over it! However my concern is it will look crap on the wall as you will see a majority of the cables behind it? Has anyone done this, any pics?

My joke had about as much effect as a fart on a windy day. :fail

I'd never spend 10k on a tele. And never want a 90" one.

I must try harder with my sarcasm. :wallbash:

Ant.

I did wonder, but wasn't confident enough to post, in fear of offending you.

Does anyone hang their curved TV on the wall? My missus convinced it was a good idea to buy one so purchased a 55" 4k Samsung thing. Its great and I really like it, however as above not convinced its any better than a conventional flat one. It currently sits on a cabinet but we are about to decorate and wanted to hang it on the wall to stop little finger prints being put over it! However my concern is it will look crap on the wall as you will see a majority of the cables behind it? Has anyone done this, any pics?

I think that since pubs had flat screens before the domestic market,and hung them on the wall everyone followed suit. I don't live in a pub, so my tv sits on a low cabinet and is at eye level when I am seated on the sofa.

Worst is those who sit less than 10 feet from the screen which is perched above a fireplace!:crazy:

I have a few of my curved screens on the wall and they don't look bad unless you look straight from the side. Sorry no pics at the moment as I am out the country.

What is wrong with a 90" screen? Sounds good to me.

I quite like the screen up high as you can sit back in the sofa and put your head back then your eye is at the correct angle, what you have to do to watch a screen at eye level is sit bolt upright or relax and then you would have to look down.

Last edited:
As a city centre cctv control room manager,

I witness more crimes everyday than the rest of the board put together, I really don't need to be lectured.

This thread was started as a genuine request for others comments
I'm sure you're a nice honest bloke but how is this relevant or how does it excuse suggesting that someone commits fraud or am I missing something?

I have a few of my curved screens on the wall and they don't look bad unless you look straight from the side. Sorry no pics at the moment as I am out the country.

What is wrong with a 90" screen? Sounds good to me.

I quite like the screen up high as you can sit back in the sofa and put your head back then your eye is at the correct angle, what you have to do to watch a screen at eye level is sit bolt upright or relax and then you would have to look down.

Nothing wrong with a 90" tele if you have a super big room. Our lounge is 4m X 5m si 40"-48" max for me. Don't like it when TV's dominate a room.

I too am not keen on TV's mounted too high. Can look silly. The only high mounted one in our house is in bedroom. The top being only a few inches from the ceiling. Perfect viewing when lay down.

Ant.

My joke had about as much effect as a fart on a windy day. :fail

I'd never spend 10k on a tele. And never want a 90" one.

I must try harder with my sarcasm. :wallbash:

Ant.

I was more worried you were going to buy a Sharp TV, nothing to do with the money :D of course you wouldn't ;)

how is this relevant or how does it excuse suggesting that someone commits fraud or am I missing something?

You are having a conversation with somebody that suggested fraud and you are asking him whether you are missing something?

[S-TAG]
. Count your hobnobs ;) .
[/S-TAG]

A sense of humour? :dk:

I took Daves post as being a bit of fun. :D

Ant

If commenting on other posts is a crime, then let's all hope they've got PCs in prison. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You are having a conversation with somebody that suggested fraud and you are asking him whether you are missing something?

[S-TAG]
. Count your hobnobs ;) .
[/S-TAG]

If commenting on other posts is a crime, then let's all hope they've got PCs in prison. ;)

It's not a crime. I was just trying to lighten the mood with a lil humour.

I'm genuinely sorry if I've offended anyone. :doh:

Anyhows, about these TV's..................

Ant

It's not a crime. I was just trying to lighten the mood with a lil humour.

I'm genuinely sorry if I've offended anyone. :doh:

Anyhows, about these TV's..................

Ant

You come across as far too nice a guy to get offended with Ant. I was simply (trying) to make the point that people should be allowed, within the law and rules of the forum, to say as they please. If people don't like what's said and enough people ignore the comment it'll probably persuade them from making the same type of comment again.

Obviously there are times when something has to be said - if only to defend one's hobnobs ;)

You come across as far too nice a guy to get offended with Ant. I was simply (trying) to make the point that people should be allowed, within the law and rules of the forum, to say as they please. If people don't like what's said and enough people ignore the comment it'll probably persuade them from making the same type of comment again.

Obviously there are times when something has to be said - if only to defend one's hobnobs ;)
Any knobs for that matter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom