Anyone have a Sony HDMI Cinema amp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Given our trusty CRT TV blew up before Christmas and after looking and reading many reviews we bought a Sony LCD TV, made up with it. We also added a blueray player (again Sony)

I sold my old Cinema amp a Sony QS model as it had no HDMI ports and was silver.... (all the new stuff is now black)

So now looking at a new amp and want to stick with Sony as It uses the Bravia Sync (one remote does all) and its easy... I also like Sony stuff and sad but like it all to match even if other makes 'do' better kit.

My surround speakers are B & W's and have to say are superb but currently only have the 5 speakers.

Amp I am looking at is this one, STRDA 2400 which has 7 *100w output. So a sub will also be required (sold it when we had the little one as neer using it...regret that now)

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SONY-STRDA2400-BLK

Anyone use this?

I'm on a AV forum but it can get geeky. I just want to put a film in sit back and enjoy....

Yep, I`m using the DA3300 run everything into it via HDMI then 1 out into the plasma. Quality is superb, it`s what they call an upscaling amp, so knocks everything up a gear or 2!! Running the Sony 550S Blu Ray, through it and honestly have to say no complaints at all even old DVDs through it seem 10 times as good as they used to :D I`m powering Bose Acoustimas 15.2 with the extra rear 6th channel and it works really well, so you should be fine with your B&Ws. Go for it, you won`t regret it :bannana:

have you looked at the Arcam range of amps - they are very good and very well priced. I run a pioneer 50" through mine with EPOS and M&K speaker setup, Sky HD, Pioneer blu ray and 3 games consoles with a hdmi switcher....lots of wires!!!!

If you are after good, but not local advice, speak with 'Grahams Hi-Fi'...they are very honest and actually will stick to your budget and do good deals on demo and used amps...

Hello

Thanks Sports,

Maybe wrong but I want to keep it all sony, mainly as I will then have the bravia sync so I switch the blue ray on with the same remote as tv etc and it conigures everything else to work...

I do also quite like the sony gear :)

Thanks though

No problem...i ended up buying one of the arcam remotes that controls everything. Got the installer to program it and put all the others in adrawer never to be used again!

One from Richer looks good too!

I just purchased a Sony DZ-260 package for £129 in Currys which I though was good value. Works with Brava Sync. Not Cinema quality but fine for the lounge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom