Anyone here also use Land Rover/Range Rover/Discovery forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esscee

Car
S212 350 CDI (265)
Reason for asking is that some idiot driving reg # GJW 22 earlier, I think it was a dark grey Discovery was going way over the speed limit (certainly nearer to 60mph than the 30 mph limit), it was not easy to tell type. Around 12:35 pm above "numpty" was driving along on a stretch of B5074 alongside Woburn Safari park boundary at well over the 30mph limit. When someone tried to help/hint that he was way over 30mph limit by using their outstretched arms up and down implying to slow down to said driver, he decided to respond by much movement of mouth and many "V"signs to the pedestrian.
The driver did not know that said walker is a local Council employee who then jotted down his reg etc.
So. outcome likely to be a lower speed limit on this stretch of road to slow everyone down in the future, what a plonker "Rodney".

Yeah a 2019 Land rover...?? I obviously own the road!!! 🤟

(Devils advocate time) Maybe he was a doctor about to save someone's life? An organ delivery man? A husband about to save his wife.

I understand the frustration. But sometimes in life, you've just got to let those driving like hell get there, hopefully without taking anyone with them.

A council employee??? On a mercedes forum.?? 🤣

Or possibly taking his pet to the vet, when my cat got hit by a car i was totally breaking the speed limit to get him there to save his life (which worked, any longer and it would have been game over) I wonder what folks were saying about me!

Fortunately it was only a Land Rover. If it was an AMG you could have been looking at 3 figures. :eek:

I very much doubt if it was a genuine "emergency dash" the driver would be remotely concerned about giving the pedestrian some verbal and hand-signs , probably just a to$$er who thinks they own the road.

We have a local 30mph dual carriageway , at night you can hear them from around a mile away racing along the road from one set of lights to another. A while back there was an SVR RR that must have been doing well into three figures when it passed me (walking the dog) and it was still pulling hard as it naffed off into the distance. Someone will be killed at some point on this stretch of road due to idiot drivers.

Best let them carry on and hope the police are in the right place at the right time as no amount of "logic" will get them to see sense , even when they do have an accident it wont be their fault - even when it is.

K

Kenny you do live in Paisley where I'm sure the IQ is lower so agree probably an idiot driver or someone trying to escape. ... 😉😜

Kenny you do live in Paisley where I'm sure the IQ is lower so agree probably an idiot driver or someone trying to escape. ... 😉😜

Normally i would normally agree , unfortunately they are coming into Paisley from Glasgow.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom