Anyone here use oil fired boile for heating and hot water

• Thread starter Deletedmember130310
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep , we can go through a tank ( 1200L ) inside a month this time of year when the heating is on all weekend and all evening through the week ; when it gets to summer and the weather picks up , the heating is hardly on at all and a tank of oil can last us from around May till around November when it starts to get cold again ,
I think you need some insulation!! 1200L pm is huge. Our last house, @3500sqft used about 1200L in 3 months in winter.
In our current house the 1000L we bought in November is about to run out. The house is stone mainly with a modern extension.

Interesting reading here
Ban gas grid for new homes 'in six years'
And here
What's wrong with gas hobs?

I’m currently buying a pair of building plots in south Norfolk where the local authority have imposed planning conditions preventing the use of wind turbines, solar pv panels, solar thermal panels, air source heat pumps, ground source heat pumps & water source heat pumps.
So, with no mains gas the only heating options are oil, which can’t meet building regulations requirements or lpg.
So an lpg tank is more aesthetically pleasing than an air source heat pump:dk::wallbash::doh::fail:

Interesting reading here

So an lpg tank is more aesthetically pleasing than an air source heat pump:dk::wallbash::doh::fail:

It is if its buried in the lawn.

I had a 3,000 litre tank installed in the ground for our swimming pool with just a flush green plastic cover visible.

PS surely those council conditions go against governemental directives for energy/CO2 reductions?

It is if its buried in the lawn.

I had a 3,000 litre tank installed in the ground for our swimming pool with just a flush green plastic cover visible.

PS surely those council conditions go against governemental directives for energy/CO2 reductions?
As far as I can see there is nothing to prevent an above ground tank:doh::wallbash:.
However if it has to be lpg I will be looking at buried tank(s)
I’m considering appealing that planning condition, but as a developer, it will be cheaper for me to go for lpg, even if I up the insulation spec’s for the eventual home owners benefit.

Interesting reading here
Ban gas grid for new homes 'in six years'
And here
What's wrong with gas hobs?

I’m currently buying a pair of building plots in south Norfolk where the local authority have imposed planning conditions preventing the use of wind turbines, solar pv panels, solar thermal panels, air source heat pumps, ground source heat pumps & water source heat pumps.
So, with no mains gas the only heating options are oil, which can’t meet building regulations requirements or lpg.
The quicker these King Canute dinosaurs die off the better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom