Anyone here work / drive for Addison Lee ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Pm me please

cheers

Brett

If anybody does work for AL could they pls. explain why their drivers / cars are never to be found in the LH lane of any motorway, even empty ones?

or why AL drivers change lanes without indicating? or pull into gaps as big as your car whilst doing 70mph on the motorway? or overtake then slow right down? Or park outside my house and piss in water bottles and leave it in my hedge? Or stop to check your GPS whilst blocking whole road? or drive at 75mph in the overtaking lane, despite not overtaking? Or ignore the 15 cars in the queue behind you that do want to overtake? Or park illegally in my street despite the signs saying permit parking only? (admittedly all taxi companies do that in my street).

Without doubt, the worst (collective) group of drivers in London - bar none. I can cope with the guys in white vans, black cabs and pizza delivery mopeds, but these blokes just completely take the "P123". It's almost like they believe they're 'official'......

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Dont think any AL drivers are likely to post now!
Worse than Stobart?

Tony.

I drive for AL.

Sorry it took me so long to reply but I had to do a run back from Heathrow to home and it took forever as I couldn't find Krisby's road to set my satnav and by the time I'd ****** in a bottle and left it out for his milkman I got another fare. He was foreign so I took him the wrong way round the M25 which took longer as I kept to 68mph in lane three or four. Still, I'm quids in now.

How can I help?

Edit: why does 'piss' beat the censor but not the past tense?

Last edited:
Spin_bowler said:
I drive for AL. Sorry it took me so long to reply but I had to do a run back from Heathrow to home and it took forever as I couldn't find Krisby's road to set my satnav and by the time I'd ****** in a bottle and left it out for his milkman I got another fare. He was foreign so I took him the wrong way round the M25 which took longer as I kept to 68mph in lane three or four. Still, I'm quids in now. How can I help? Edit: why does 'piss' beat the censor but not the past tense?

Touché !!

It's probably because they are all trying out for their turn in the BTCC, like john griffin

My step daughter used to supply all the ford galaxy's to AL from dagenham motors

However I don't think using the outside lane on an empty motorway is just an AL problem , it seems to apply to a lot of the private hire companies with the TFL blue badges on their rear windows

There is also a train of thought that fast lane hogging is down to people feeling safer than being in the middle or inside lane, I think it's down to not enough tuition and enforcement

No worries everyone !!

Basically was just thinking about some extra work as the shop I own is pretty self sufficient and was just thinking about doing something else on the side.

Since I put this post out I've googled "working for Addison Lee" and brings up some intetesting replies !!! So will be giving that a miss

Interesting thread - I tend to use AL when moving around london as they seem to be the more punctual and cost efficient of the cab companies...

Interesting thread - I tend to use AL when moving around london as they seem to be the more punctual and cost efficient of the cab companies...

Punctual cos they are parked outside my place in Sipson, only a 10 minute drive to you and cost efficient cos they cut up every one on the road to get where they are going, thus reducing the journey time and distance by 56 seconds and 0.2 of a mile.

Just this morning, saw one at the Stockley lights coming from the west side, right hand lane is for sharp right turns onto the Stockley road and then onto the M4 west bound, when the lights changed he moved off with everyone else then (surprise surprise) indicated and cut up a car and lorry as he then went to the far left lane in order to go straight ahead, nearly caused the lorry to hit a car as well. I know everyone can drive like an a-hole, but this is typical of what I see AL doing on a daily basis, it is almost as if AL intentionally employ a-holes or train them to be that way.

Punctual cos they are parked outside my place in Sipson, only a 10 minute drive to you and cost efficient cos they cut up every one on the road to get where they are going, thus reducing the journey time and distance by 56 seconds and 0.2 of a mile.

Just this morning, saw one at the Stockley lights coming from the west side, right hand lane is for sharp right turns onto the Stockley road and then onto the M4 west bound, when the lights changed he moved off with everyone else then (surprise surprise) indicated and cut up a car and lorry as he then went to the far left lane in order to go straight ahead, nearly caused the lorry to hit a car as well. I know everyone can drive like an a-hole, but this is typical of what I see AL doing on a daily basis, it is almost as if AL intentionally employ a-holes or train them to be that way.

Gosh, there are far more important things in life to worry about than anti-social drivers. Lets get some perspective here shall we.

Gosh, there are far more important things in life to worry about than anti-social drivers. Lets get some perspective here shall we.

You don't have to put up with there driving every day :ban: They are on par with Black Cabs. I think they must go to the same driving school.

Actually, I don't use AL in Hillingdon, I use a local company called 24-7 (01895 247 247 - they deserve some kudos). Their drivers aren't the best, but they are the cheapest and their time estimates are generally spot on.

By "London" I meant near where I usually work (generally the square mile or canary wharf). AL was the only company that charged less than £10 to go from Bank to Waterloo when the tube strikes were on...

Finally - If I'm in a rush, those 56 seconds are appreciated... I would even tip the driver extra if they saved me a minute by shortening a journey by only 0.2 mile ;)

M.

EDIT: But thanks for letting me know they park in sipson, I may start using AL in Hillingdon as well if they're so close. They have a Windows Phone app too : http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/addison-lee/a5168cd3-3e26-4e0a-b05f-c3e14d546219

Last edited:

Agreed, but lets see how you feel about AL when they park illegally in your street (permit only for the few spaces we have), block your driveway, talk loudly amongst themselves at midnight, piss in your hedges (they have been witnessed and challenged by my neighbour) drop their litter, and get away with it cos the council won't do anything. My hatred of all things taxi, and especially AL is fuelled by this, let alone their driving antics on the road, so you'll have to forgive me when I get the opportunity to share my disdain for them.

Agreed, but lets see how you feel about AL when they park illegally in your street (permit only for the few spaces we have), block your driveway, talk loudly amongst themselves at midnight, piss in your hedges (they have been witnessed and challenged by my neighbour) drop their litter, and get away with it cos the council won't do anything. My hatred of all things taxi, and especially AL is fuelled by this, let alone their driving antics on the road, so you'll have to forgive me when I get the opportunity to share my disdain for them.

I understand your problem; have you complianed direct? Twitter is a valuable complianing tool. Quick, easy, effective. (Assuming they have a twitter account of course). Alternativelty you can normally find the MDs name and take a good guess at hie/her email address from looking at others' emails. EG [email protected]. Email the boss direct with photos or videos of the offenders.

Alternatively deficate in a bucket for a week then when they piss in your bush chuck the bucket into their car. :rock:

Complain directly to AL's head office. The local paper may also be interested.

That's quite a problem - but surely the issue is with the drivers, not the organization?

I would write a strongly worded letter, and maybe put up a CCTV sign (even without the cameras).

Not that you should be forced to take any of these actions - they really shouldn't be doing any of that...

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom