Anyone in Birmingham?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
Is there anyone on the forum living in Birmingham anywhere near to 106 Sutton New Road? Sometime ago I ordered hub caps for a vintage car from Classic Car Chrome which haven't arrived despite being told they were despatched on 8 August. No response to emails and phone calls go to voicemail- Facebook and Twitter accounts have been closed down. Could someone kindly check if the company is still in business? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi fella...I am local (ish) and know the area well. 106 Sutton New Road is the post office. Are you sure that's the company address or could it be the address of the post office they posted it from?

So I Googled them and got this...Classic Car Chrome

It does say 106 Sutton New Road...I know this address is bogus, 106 is a big historic site consisting of the Post Office and Erdington Telephone Exchange. There is no shop there.

Not to say they aren't a home based company using the Post Office as a postage address though?

If you paid on a credit card or a visa debit card then your bank normally refund you. I had the same thing with concert tickets, once my bank were sure the tickets weren't coming they refunded my account. Give them a call fella.

Both the company owner and the business itself appear not to be registered with companies house, so it all looks like a bogus trader. Even the website is shonky and unfinished.

The person who registered the website is one "Alec Jarviee" which is a sounds like a made up name.

Self employed sole traders do not register with Companies House. There may be a genuine explanation. Maybe...

They are listed as a trade member of the Federation of Historic Motor vehicles. It does seem an odd business with relatively low value items to be set up as a sham, with payment processing from the main banks.

Might have gone bust, or ill though.

So I Googled them and got this...Classic Car Chrome

It does say 106 Sutton New Road...I know this address is bogus, 106 is a big historic site consisting of the Post Office and Erdington Telephone Exchange. There is no shop there.

Not to say they aren't a home based company using the Post Office as a postage address though?

Their website does pretty much say this - states that this is only a postal address.

I'm more inclined to think that this is a small sole trader who has run into some sort of difficulty rather than an outright scam - the EBay store seems to be the same person, and the FBHCV carry a listing with the same phone number, which all sounds like a lot of effort if all you want is a web presence for fraud purposes.

Doesn't mean you will get your goods though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom