Anyone in Kent with a Star Machine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekCL

Car
Mercedes E55 W211 (2004), BMW 640d GC (2016), BMW 645Ci (2004), Mini Cooper D (2008))
Hello guys,

I need to find out what the dreaded problem with the ABC Suspnsion is ... as I am quite certain it is electrical and not mechanical...

I will need to get the car plugged in a star machine, and see if it is something I can my self or not?

Does anyone know who has a star in Kent and is reputable place?

Cheers
Vasilis.

I think Class Cars in Wingham/Canterbury have
they are to be recommended

Thank you guys, I will google all the names and locations ... and start rigning them tomorrow closer first in preference, don't know how easy will it be to drive the car... for a distance
I am in Birchington ... so Canterbury would be the closest I think, to start with.

Keys mb indie in bexleyheath kent are very good.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

I think Class Cars in Wingham/Canterbury have
they are to be recommended

Called Steve, being the closest to me and booked an appointment for this afternoon.
Fingers crossed :S ...

Called Steve, being the closest to me and booked an appointment for this afternoon.
Fingers crossed :S ...

Sorry for necroing a slightly older post but how much did the star diagnostics cost from Classcars?

£40-55 + VAT at a guess.

Ok thank you for the reply. New on here hope its a nice place.
*pulls up a chair and opens up the forum archives*

Meh! Just checked the guys posts and he not posted since that thread.
Probably pointless waiting for a reply as to price of classscars!

I did not pay a full diagnosis as the star could not be completed. I have a sticky rear valve ...
So stopped there, only paid £20
I do not know how much would it be for a complete test :(

been hectic with work ... so not often checking ... but I got the email notification ;) lol so I returned to reply!

Cheers for the reply mate,
Waiting on hearing from him will prob reply tmw morning.
If I remember rightly you didnt have a limp mode problem did you?
Do you do your own servicing? I live in Deal and would prefer to use a recommended garage that is closish to me and birchington is close enough!

Cheers for the reply mate,
Waiting on hearing from him will prob reply tmw morning.
If I remember rightly you didnt have a limp mode problem did you?
Do you do your own servicing? I live in Deal and would prefer to use a recommended garage that is closish to me and birchington is close enough!

I still have the problem .. .but need the weather to get a bit better and put the car on the jack to be able to "clean" the rear ABC valve. It is more less a 3hrs procedure and should cure the problem I have.
Another tell tell sign on mine is that if the car is left for long time, the one of the rear side sinks a bit, but I do not loose any fluid etc. So the valve is sticky...

The service I do it my self and when things are more demanding I go to my friend mechanic over the weekend in High Wycombe and sort things out.

I have not found yet a mechanic that I can say I trust my cars to locally. Only my mate in High Wycombe who I've been using for years

Oh yes and Ollie is brilliant service he changed my ABC Pump and Airbag module about 5yrs ago but he is in Porthsmouth. :(

Sorry for not much help

Cheers for the reply.
I found the servicestop website earlier (as seen on dragons den) seemed the ideal place to get my van serviced as the check list was very extensive. Only to do a review search seems to be a very 'hit and miss' service though.
I don't like the fact that they don't show you a list of approved garages they use first I suppose its to stop people going striaght through to them and cutting out the middle person.
But what if they book you in to a garage that suck through their teeth at you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom