Anyone in Northern Ireland have software to activate CarPlay on glc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmancdi

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes E320 cdi sport ,vw Tiguan R line , M B cls , bmw convertible
Even mobile service. Car is capable it just needs activation via laptop .
Happy new year.

Even mobile service. Car is capable it just needs activation via laptop .
Happy new year.
Its not that simple on a GLC sadly.

Its not that simple on a GLC sadly.
Apparently due to the data card it is capable it’s just out of Mercedes have to phone them on Monday but for price but if too costly will go down another route. With my data card there’s also a company sends out a cable and as long as I h ave lap top at my end they do it remotely. Will know better next week for sure.

Needs to be 2019 the 2018 you have to strip the complete screen head unit all out to make a connection, this is what I found / and Mercedes can not activate it in older models. I spent ages going down this road with a late 2018 thinking that according to data card it was possible . Went to Mercedes portadown where I bought it ,could not help , after market links meant stripping down half the dash to plug in an inverter although they did tell me it was diy with lap top but found it was not that simple they log into you laptop and take control but ones I spoke to said they would send me a part out to fit to rear of unit I did not want to chance it at the time so I just updated my garam map card for few £ and used cable for music by voice from my I phone. If you find a way that works please let me know I still have the 2018 220 d amg line. I just got fed up going round in circles. Think if you lived on mainland there are a few will do it.but hard to find anyone here in N.I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom