Anyone in Salisbury area.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmyca69

Car
Looking for new one
Evening all,

Know this is pushing my luck after being lucky enough for another forum member to view a car for me in Hook (great forum). But is anyone based in or around Salisbury with a decent grasp of the W211 E55 AMG that would be willing to check over a private sale car for me? I would cover any costs.

Even just something simple as a look over to check it is as described so i know it is worth the trip?

The other option is that there is PKF Engineering nearby and they have said for an hours labour they would check the car over for me.

Either way decent feedback and ill book some days off work next week to go down there but dont want to make the 4hr trip and take a day off work for a lemon.

Last time I visually checked a car out for a member here (IATM), an ML 420CDI, the promised bottle of something etc didn't materialise.

Was then glad to read that it subsequently needed work to it's air suspension, is that bad of me? I suppose it could be that it needed suspension work that the bottle never materialised, hmmmmm

I'm sure you're not like that though!

I always try to help people out without any recompense. Maybe it's naive but I believe you should treat other like you'd like to be treated yourself.

I'll help out if I can and won't expect anything in return other than a "thank you".

How far from Salisbury do you mean by Salisbury area?

Hi Edmund

Was looking for someone local enough that it wasn't too much trouble for them to pop and visit it.

The guy selling it is a technician at local Mercedes so is there during the day or in SP1 area.

Thanks

I always try to help people out without any recompense. Maybe it's naive but I believe you should treat other like you'd like to be treated yourself.

Precisely, which is why the promised, and not asked for, bottle not turning up was a disappointment.

I hope you're not suggesting that my disappointment is misplaced. I drove a 50 mile round trip and took 2 hours out of my Saturday afternoon to help this chap, his offer should have been made good, don't you think??

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom