Anyone in the South East/Midlands with DAS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pillow

Car
C216 CL600
Hi all,

Following from my previous thread: Odd engine RPM dip when pulling up (only once)

I figured out that the issue is caused by the secondary air injection pump actuating for a second when idling after the engine has warmed up. This happens only once per journey, when the car has started from cold and has reached operating temperature, and is idling (for 5-6 seconds). It does this every journey from cold.

To me it seems to be some sort of malfunction of the secondary air injection diagnostics.

I have found out it is possible to possibly disable the secondary air injection diagnostics through developer mode on DAS. It will still apparently function at cold start but will no longer carry out random self-test diagnostics which I think is responsible for causing the above issue for me.

If anyone thinks they could do a bit of coding for me and you're based around the south east or the midlands please let me know, I have some instructions on how to do the above but if you have experience using DAS even better. Not expecting anything gratis of course. :)

Thanks

PCS in Horndean!
I've thought about going down the indie route, and have been to my local, but to switch if off requires messing around in 'developer mode' where it is all German. I have some possible instructions from another forum and think it may be easier to just sit with someone that has it and have a look through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom