Anyone Interested In A Guitar Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd be struggling with the strap locks!

In early August 1990, I was lucky to see SRV & Double Trouble play an outdoor gig near Cincinnati - a double header bill with Joe Cocker's band. An amazing evening that I'll never forget. Sadly within three weeks, SRV was tragically killed in a helicopter crash, along with Showsec Security's Nigel Browne - a lovely guy with whom I worked many times.....a terrible loss.

A81E330B-7774-4FBC-9609-401EC2910A89.jpeg Been a while and my rig has changed a bit over the years

Currently sporting a full pedalboard (pedaltrain 32”) Using a Boss Katana Head, with a Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab. Sounds amazing live

I also have the Katana 100w 2x12 combo, but the head is the most versatile of the bunch. Can highly recommend the Katana series, even have the Mini! I could ditch my pedalboard using these amps as there’s a lot of stuff on board you can fully utilise, but I enjoy the tap dancing :)

I have a Katana Mini, great little amp, looking at a Katana 50 as a bit lighter than my Mustang III or possibly a Vox Valvtronix VX40

I have a Katana Mini, great little amp, looking at a Katana 50 as a bit lighter than my Mustang III or possibly a Vox Valvtronix VX40

Great little things aren’t they. The 50w’s are great too, Bright onion pedals do a dedicated footswitch for the 50w, with V2 of the software it gives you four channels rather than two (pedal- Katana Preset Footswitch) as the GAFC switcher is only compatible with the 100w models

Although if you need an fx loop, presence control and fancy 8 channels instead, I’d recommend a 100w. The internal speaker in the Head is surprisingly loud, loud enough to mic at a gig so it’s great for home practice. The head is pretty light too, my combo is quite heavy but understandably lighter than a tube combo

68d1ae0df9847967c093934cb2ed9f50.jpg

Bought myself a black german piece of wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D'Angelico??--the word I associate with these is ---"tone" :cool: Not your model but folks will get the idea.;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Made a nice find in a charity shop, a black Squier Strat for £40 :D

They even included the industrial grade floor stand :D

D'Angelico??--the word I associate with these is ---"tone" :cool: Not your model but folks will get the idea.;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mines a Duesenberg Starplayer tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm now suffering from a serious attack of GAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom