Anyone Interested In A Guitar Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Camerafodder can I suggest uploading slightly smaller versions of your pics :D
I'd forgotten they ended up so big! Once loaded on to your pc they should automatically re-size. :eek:

Just found these of my strat and amp before they went on Ebay.
I just play acoustic now.
strat6

amp2

Well I promised I'd post of pics of my guitars I use when I'm out in the USA so here they are:

Ibanez SZ720 with Seymour Duncans (these are lovely to play and can be picked up for buttons if you can get past the slightly tarty looks!)
DSCF1120.JPG

Takamine EG568C Electro Acoustic Slimline, This fits into a Les Paul case. Great sound with Silk and Bronze strings. (think Lindsey Buckingham sound)

DSCF1121.JPG

Went to a gig at Lakeside yesterday with three friends "In Celebration of The Shadows" some great playing.

Having spotted the word "guitar" in Ash's post - here's a double thread resurrection.

My lad's Gibson Les Paul Custom, acquired in 2015 from a collector in Leicester:

And his purchase today - a new Gibson ES355 - BB King Lucille - from Guitar Guitar:

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face.
Ill fitting clothes
I blend in the crowd,
Fingers so clumsy
Voice too loud.

Developer~

The guitar I was/am after recently is the Ibanez UV70P premium, that or the Apex200 :) both seven strings

I know nothing about 7 string guitars - help :crazy::thumb:

Here is my recent two purchases-

Both Ibanez, top is the Apex20 (the lower end version of the signature model I mentioned above) and the one below, is an RGIB6

The Apex20 is seven string, tuned from factory as (low>high) A D G C F A D. At times for certain songs, I'll lower the 2nd low D to a C and use strings 2-6 (muting the low A) As mentioned earlier I'd like another guitar specifically for that C tuning so it's easier

It comes from factory with Dimarzio Blaze pickups (both) standard volume knob and three way selector

Some more pics~

The second guitar is an Ibanez RGIB6 Iron Label Baritone, comes from the factory with an EMG 60 pickup in the neck, an 80 in the bridge. 28" scale neck! Comes tuned as (low>high) B E A D F# B - However, I've had it tuned UP (yes I know, this won't be long term) into B F# B E G# C#. I will be returning the guitar to it's standard tuning after I get another guitar for that drop B tuning.

More pics~

If anyone interested the case is the Ibanez MP100C which is brilliant, somewhat overpriced but really good. The Baritone although longer, also sits very snug inside it too. Think it should be good to go for any RG shaped Ibanez

Amp wise, I have a Bugera Trirec. Which is the 'poor mans' Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier. I refuse to spend over three grand on an amp head! The Bugera is pretty much identical, infact it's what Behringer does best, clone. Some beautiful sounds can be made from both of these amps

I also run Amplitube 4 on the PC, via a Sapphire 6 USB with KRK Rokit 8 monitors. I have the Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier amp on Amplitube, at a lovely price of £35, then another £10 for the Mesa 4x12 cab mic'd with a ***** SM57. Sounds absolutely amazing although digital

Music style is mainly metal (if you couldn't tell by the tunings) but I love playing blues too. I wouldn't say I'm a great player, I can do some solos... 'just about' do the picking (in time) to Master of Puppets. Only thing I'm really struggling with is pinch harmonics at the moment. Other than that, I'm just having fun.

Don't play in any bands, have never played in front of anyone and basically a favourite band-fanboy who just learns all their songs :)

Last edited:
Music style is mainly metal (if you couldn't tell by the tunings) but I love playing blues too. I wouldn't say I'm a great player, I can do some solos... 'just about' do the picking (in time) to Master of Puppets. Only thing I'm really struggling with is pinch harmonics at the moment. Other than that, I'm just having fun.

Don't play in any bands, have never played in front of anyone and basically a favourite band-fanboy who just learns all their songs :)

After asking you about the 7 string, I asked my lad, and he said "metal".

He's the reverse to you - he's done hundreds of gigs and the bigger the crowd, the happier he is - and he's only 21 :thumb:.

developer said:
After asking you about the 7 string, I asked my lad, and he said "metal". He's the reverse to you - he's done hundreds of gigs and the bigger the crowd, the happier he is - and he's only 21 :thumb:.

Haha, yes. Made incredibly popular although by Steve Vai, and then by Korn

People often say, just get a Baritone instead of a 7-string, just use the first 6 strings from a 7 string pack. But the bands I'm into that use 7 strings utilise notes on all 7, so a 7 was the way to go for me. I absolutely love it, it wasn't a weird feeling having the extra string, I got comfortable quite quickly

Fair play to your son, I was really into playing from 17-21 but then I got into djing and sold my then bright gold-sparkled Charvel guitar, which low and behold very recently briefly popped up on a popular Facebook page for sale- for three times what I paid for it! I hadn't a clue back then about the guitar, I just saw it and bought it

Now working on a closer contract to home I get to have a few hours playing each night. I'm off to see my favourite band next month in Birmingham with another friend who used to sing in a band, he has another chap who plays the drums and has space to practice. So soon, I may branch into playing with others :eek:

I have a question for other guitarists~ do you play better standing up or sitting down? Bedroom playing obviously I spend most the time sitting, but have got into the habit of standing and I find it slightly easier as I'm not focusing on looking at the neck. None of my guitars have fret markers on the neck though so I'm sort of used to playing without looking (kind of)

Last edited:
developer said:
Your friend: Does he sing well? Can he sing rock (AC/DC/Free/Lizzy/Zepp)? Is he local to a B postcode?

Put it this way, the most 'extreme' metal band I'm into is Slipknot, mostly shouting lyrics but the band my friend was in even I'm not too sure of haha. Very, very screamy and thrashy.

Not sure how he'd be at 'singing' or other styles like the bands you mentioned. All his band videos involve screaming

We are all Northants based

Bought this at the end of last year Les Paul Standard in Cherry burst and Fender Mustang III to replace my old Vox Valvetronix

IMG_K2798.jpg

I'm not a guitar player, although I did make my living in the live music industry for many years. I was at Gordon Giltrap's house one day and he invited me to go with him to Bert Weedon's, as they were big pals and lived quite near to each other. Bert was a truly lovely bloke, immensely modest and unassuming and he kindly showed me the unbelievable collection of guitars he had amassed over 50 years of playing. Without exaggeration, he must have had in excess of 40 beautiful Hofners (mostly blonde semi-acoustics), not to mention all the other guitars he had. This article is well worth a read - hope you enjoy it.

Bert Weedon 1920-2012: in his own words | MusicRadar

I have a Roland practice amp that would love to find a forever home. It needs to be loved and would require collection from Kent. A donation of your choice to the Oesophageal Patients Association Home » Oesophageal Patients Association would be a fabulous gesture.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom