Anyone Interested In A Guitar Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I tell you what are good, the Harley Benton offerings from Thomman. Namely the telecaster-type model, £125 it looks great, swap the pickups out and it's golden

Cant fault Thomann at all ordereed 9pm friday was at mine 10am wed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's some great guitars in there. If it's structurally sound, this is a bargain under £1k
9a7f39c0551f2896706c58dddeaacc49.jpg
Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

And so the hunt began again - this time for a Honeyburst Les Paul Custom.

All good, plenty of choice, but now it seems we're now looking for a 2000/2001 Gary Moore Signature Les Paul - one of 1000 worldwide, 17 years ago.

Not a easy find - there are only two available on Google Shopping and both are overseas.

However, by a stroke of luck, a guy in Birmingham has one - we're waiting for the serial number and some photos before proceeding :thumb:

Price - no idea, but I don't think it will be cheap :crazy:.

Luckily, I'm not paying for it :cool:.

One of these:
https://reverb.com/uk/p/gibson-gary...s2zCWxGpi-_IA0NZdhx60aAnPt8P8HAQ&hfid=4410925

Last edited:
That's a lovely looking guitar John and to be fair it's not stupid money. It is of course 'lemon burst' though.

Whatever you do, don't let him see a a PRS Custom 22 in 'tiger eye' !

Last edited:
That's a lovely looking guitar John and to be fair it's not stupid money. It is of course 'lemon burst' though.

Whatever you do, don't let him see a a PRS Custom 22 in 'tiger eye' !

Yes, he saw it while looking at Honeybursts, and as he's a big Gary Moore fan it was inevitable, particularly as Lemonburst is quite close to Honeyburst.

Just got to find a goodie now.

And so the hunt began again - this time for a Honeyburst Les Paul Custom.

All good, plenty of choice, but now it seems we're now looking for a 2000/2001 Gary Moore Signature Les Paul - one of 1000 worldwide, 17 years ago.

Not a easy find - there are only two available on Google Shopping and both are overseas.

However, by a stroke of luck, a guy in Birmingham has one - we're waiting for the serial number and some photos before proceeding :thumb:

Price - no idea, but I don't think it will be cheap :crazy:.

Luckily, I'm not paying for it :cool:.

One of these:
https://reverb.com/uk/p/gibson-gary...s2zCWxGpi-_IA0NZdhx60aAnPt8P8HAQ&hfid=4410925

So there we were searching for a Gary Moore Signature Les Paul, with no joy from the local one and then we stumbled across this :thumb:.

A 2009 Les Paul 1952 Tribute Goldtop - launched in 2009, where they made 6 for each year of his life, meaning 564 worldwide.

Each one has the word Prototype (not very clear in the photo) on the back of the headstock, Tribute on the truss rod cover, and true to the original 1952, a trapeze bridge, but redesigned to work, unlike the original.

P90 pups and a proper non weight relieved body at a few ounces shy of 10lbs.

It was a curved ball, but too good to resist and he loves it :thumb:.

Wow, but 10lbs, that could make long gigs a challenge, or is it down to the gym :D

It was just an improvisation over a jam track, no particular song. I really need to look less miserable when playing though!

Last edited:
artyman said:
It was just an improvisation over a jam track, no particular song. I really need to look less miserable when playing though!

Damn I was going to look for a tab for it! My knowledge of a fretboard isn't that strong yet to improvise like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom