Anyone Interested In A Guitar Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Like the watch thread, but with strings, not hands.

I picked this beauty up yesterday, for my lad.

Fender USA Stratocaster Deluxe 2009.

It came from a retired guy who drew his money out of the banks when the crash happened, and started investing in USA made Stratocasters. This was the only Deluxe he had.

The pick guard was gold, so I had it changed to pearl white, which I think was a big improvement.

I would prefer a hi-fi thread ... I love music too but in a passive consumer way!

I would prefer a hi-fi thread ... I love music too but in a passive consumer way!

You should start a thread - it's not all about cars on here - variety is the spice of life and all that...

John I'd love a guitar thread! I got a guitar but still haven't learnt how to play!!!!
I just love guitar music :D

Let's see a photo T.

I find them fascinating these days - I never knew there was so much involved in a guitar until we started researching :thumb:

My parents treated me to a cherry Gibson SG in 1992, and it's stayed in the case (unplayed) ever since. I must dig it out and take a look at it some time.

My parents treated me to a cherry Gibson SG in 1992, and it's stayed in the case (unplayed) ever since. I must dig it out and take a look at it some time.

Get a photo up on here Bobby :thumb:.

A pal of ours has three Gibson SG's (Silver, Red, and Black) - he won't play anything else.

The black is the most recent (last week):

Last edited:
If this is the' 'have a guitar but haven't learned to play it yet' thread, I'm in. :eek: The missus bought me an accoustic for Christmas and there's a Fender Strat replica with amp in a cupboard upstairs that we got for our son for his eighteenth birthday that has never been played. He's 30 now and lives in China, so it's unlikely he'll be picking it up for a strum anytime soon.

I have a banjo. And a ukulele.

Ha ha - just get the camera out - I need a bit of support on this thread and it's got your name all over it :thumb:.

I had an email from one of my brothers last night. A friend of his friend has taken early retirement, bought a couple of guitars with his lump sum and wants my brother to teach him to play. Fair enough, it's what he's bought that made my jaw drop.

A Martin and a Dana Bourgeois.

That's like buying an S Class and a Murcielago, then asking a mate to teach you to drive. I can't wait to go round to his place and have a go on the Dana.

Oo yeah ok.

No pics to hand, but the ones currently in my living room:

Fender classic 50's player strat (Gilmore/Floyd indulgence)
Ibanez RG320 (in Drop C for the occasional thrash)
Fender Jazz bass
1969 Burns Tri-sonic (In bits at the mo)
Epiphone steel string electric (used the most nowadays)
3/4 length nylon acoustic (when I don't want to annoy the neighbours)
Ibanez electro accoustic Ukulele
Ancient Concert Ukulele (inherited, at least 60 years old but still gets played)
Cheapo Soprano Ukulele

I used to be pretty good but don't play often enough anymore.

-t

This present from the wife last Christmas got me back into playing after many years.

IMG_H5864.jpg

I then when and bought a Strat a couple of months later
IMG_J0009.jpg

Currently jamming with a couple of friends once a week playing old 60's stuff

I notice you have the Strat pickups nice and low, my preferred option too. It helps with getting the intonation right and, in my opinion, makes it sound more 'Stratty'.

I'm actually thinking about changing the pickups for some Ironstone Gold's and also copper shielding the cavities

Some nice kit out there. Just made me realise most of my tools are out on loan :(

Jerry Donahue Telecaster at home and never loaned out.
PRS standard - currently living with son #2
Gibson Byrdland - currently living with son #2
Gibson SG (cherry) - currently resdiding with son #1
Fender Jazz bass - with son #2
Gibson ES335 - Son #1
Gibson EB3 - Son #1

I really should get them all back home this thread made me realise I miss them :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom