Anyone into bikes as well?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barryj

Banned
Car
BMW 630i, BMW M3
This is my NSR500 Rossi replica built from scratch, its a track bike but I managed to register it for the road with a daytime MOT (don't ask how:eek: ).

Just wondering if any other outwardly decent Benz owners are also two wheeled adrenalin junkies?

100_0694.jpg

100_0691-1.jpg

100_0666.jpg

100_0665-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, here's one (I think there are a few actually). I have the one under my name that I'm trying to get finished. I'm planning on stripping it, replacing all the bearings, polishing, painting or powder coating all the running gear.

I have White Power forks, Ohlins rear shock, Predator ss exhaust, aftermarker bars, etc, etc, here already and am after wavy disks and maybe new calipers and the plan is that it'll be a form of supermoto "special" when its done.

Nice Rossi replica by the way ;)

Very nice.

I have just started a midlands based bikers community.

www.midlandbikers.com

Come and take a look if you get chance. :rock: There are a few members on here that have popped over.

This is my NSR500 Rossi replica built from scratch, its a track bike but I managed to register it for the road with a daytime MOT (don't ask how:eek: ).
What an impressive bike, but I'm amazed it is road legal.

With the greatest of respect to you and your brilliant bike, it doesn't look the most practical of machines for everyday road use :devil: :D

I bet you don't use it for courier work in our busy city centres :D

What are the performance figures (on the track) and the mpg please

Regards
John

Wow, thats some impressive work gone into that.

Is the bike actually an NS500? If so, how did you stumble across that?

After the test ride at the weekend, I've sold my soul for an XB12X :devil:

It has everything that I love about the XL1200, but with none of the drawbacks (no chrome to polish, and I don't look totally ridiculous on it). Selling isn't going to be easy, as it has a lot of sentimentality attached to it, but it just isn't me - and the Buell very definitely is.

Plus, a new bike is a perfect way to celebrate the arrival of that bit of paper that says I'm officially divorced :D

Very Tidy..........wouldn't fancy filtering on that though! Bit of a peaky on off power delivery I'd bet.... do you have a road bike?

Mine is a bit boring - CBR954 rr3 Fireblade.

I've recently downgraded to a slower machine and ditched my Hayabusa after a brush with the law.

Now building a big traily (keep my speed down and my back straight). Mods so far include a TRX850 engine upgrade, WP front end, 17" front rim and 5" wide back shod with racing wets front and rear.

fb.jpg

How do you find the wets in the dry?
Am only asking, as I had some on the ZX9R, but they didn't last long at all:crazy:

I've recently downgraded to a slower machine and ditched my Hayabusa after a brush with the law.
:) We knew it made sense :eek: Is there any chance of a side view to allow us to see the colour scheme please?

I can perhaps understand your reasons for not having any front mudguard, but do the pluses outweigh the minuses? (Is that a word?)

Regards
John

I can perhaps understand your reasons for not having any front mudguard, but do the pluses outweigh the minuses? (Is that a word?)

It's got one, look higher up.

What are the wets like in the dry? I dont know, its been such a long time now....

Actually they are fine in the dry, sticky as hell, but don't last long on the back (about 1k). The front Avon Pro Extreme is up to 3.5 k now and still legal. :bannana:

Your right about the mudguard John, there is one fitted but its small and rather high up so doesnt do a particularly good job. I'm looking at fitting a low front guard from a KTM Superduke.

fs.jpg

What an impressive bike, but I'm amazed it is road legal.

With the greatest of respect to you and your brilliant bike, it doesn't look the most practical of machines for everyday road use :devil: :D

I bet you don't use it for courier work in our busy city centres :D

What are the performance figures (on the track) and the mpg please

Regards
John

It isnt very practical but that is what its about for me, I wanted a GP500 bike for the road and this is about as good as it gets. It weighs 117kg wet (half a tank of fuel) and makes 125bhp in its current format (it could make a lot more but would have no spread) MPG is not an issue as its built for performance not economy.

It destroys R1's, GSXR1000's etc on the track :bannana:

It is only road legal in the fact that I managed to convince someone to give it an MOT :D

How do you find the wets in the dry?
Am only asking, as I had some on the ZX9R, but they didn't last long at all:crazy:

The wets are great in the dry, much better than a road based tyre. I am getting some slicks cut for my spare wheels for track days and fast road work.

You are right though they last no time at all.

Are those really wets? They look like intermediate cut slicks to me.

Michelin Pilots arent they?

Full on race wets go off long before they run out of tread. Race tyres are simply not designed for going through multiple heat cycles like road tyres.

Ah, the joys of the SuperTen...looking very tidy. I did something similar with my old Transalp, but there was no real route for more power, so gave up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom