Anyone know anyone good for suit alterations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

npuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
As the title really.

Lost alot of weight (unintentionally) and none of my suits fit me. Buying the closest off the shelf size that fits me it still doesnt fit that well so would need altering.

Can anyone recommend anyone they have used for suit alterations based in Greater London?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I imagine your local independent fabric shop may have advertisements in the window. You need to find a good retired lady to make it cost effective, as I imagine your local Moss Bross will sell a suit cheaper than they'll alter one.

I'd start looking somewhere near Ridley Road in the East End... there used to be a lot of good Jewish tailors in that area... maybe there will be some still left there.

Then again, I'm thinking of 40 years ago..............

Alternatively, you could always try putting the weight back on !

The best alterations tailor I knew unfortunately is no longer around, however he has handed over his business to two very dedicated young tailors - Pinnas and Needles on Lexington Street near Picadilly Circus. It was previously called Thomas Tailor.

There is also Graham Browne who not only do alteration but made to emasure and bespoke suits.

I have used both and both are brilliant. If you want to go to a nice plush shop, but pay a bit more, then go for Graham Browne, if you don't mind going to a little tiny workshop above a cafe but pay a bit less - then go to Pinnas and Needles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom