anyone know anything on this amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BS was never available in estate or saloon, just coupe, so at least the rear must be a non genuine kit.

Aah ok. I didn't know that. Seems silly then to spend a lot of money converting a car to something that doesn't exist. Saying that it does look nice.

thanks ... I saw a c63 on the internet at Mercedes ashford... ticked the boxes. gave a call spoke to the sales rep briefly as I was out said he would call me today and email me specs as I was unsure what the performance pack contained.

nothing so far ....so I called back to leave my details again... I love the cars but the interaction and dealing with the sales rep just puts me off

Don't let the sales reps put you off. After all a good car with the right spec is still a good car with the right spec, regardless of how naff the sales person is.

Just remember that MB dealers are offering a two year warranty on all used C63's at the moment. Anything from an indi will only come with the remainder of the factory warranty. When I was looking a few weeks ago some indi prices were higher than MB dealers. I bought mine from MB Retail in Manchester, it wasn't a bargain but it was a fair price and I get the two year warranty.

Exactly, the indies are dreaming at the moment, particularly in light of the 2 year warranty on used AMG cars. That's what made me jump.......

I've had almost exactly the same experience with both independents (way overpriced, absolutely no room for negotiation) and franchised dealers (useless or disinterested sales people). It's quite disheartening as I've had the car that met my specification slip through my hands a couple of times - Probably says I need to try harder or accept the fact that I'll have to pay over-the-odds for that particular specification.

One in particular was a MB dealership that I had rang about a car that was up for sale. I stated that I was over in NI and that I'd be willing to put a deposit down then come and collect the car, but that I needed some questions answer first, so he said to send them through and he'd get back to me. He didn't. I had to ring through again to be told that someone else would ring me back tomorrow (it was at the end of a Friday). The next day I rang up I was told that his colleague had sold it that morning, what the flip! You'd think if you were salesman you'd jump at the chance of someone saying they'd put a deposit down to buy the car, and if they're phoning from NI they just have to be a serious buyer, right?

Anyway, the moral of the story is ... Keep hunting and don't let them get you down!

One in particular was a MB dealership that I had rang about a car that was up for sale. I stated that I was over in NI and that I'd be willing to put a deposit down then come and collect the car, but that I needed some questions answer first, so he said to send them through and he'd get back to me. He didn't. I had to ring through again to be told that someone else would ring me back tomorrow (it was at the end of a Friday). The next day I rang up I was told that his colleague had sold it that morning, what the flip! You'd think if you were salesman you'd jump at the chance of someone saying they'd put a deposit down to buy the car, and if they're phoning from NI they just have to be a serious buyer, right?

The part I've highlighted in bold tells you everything you need to know.

I've always found that when someone says a lot of the same cars are overpriced, it normally means their budget is too low.

I've always found that when someone says a lot of the same cars are overpriced, it normally means their budget is too low.

Perhaps, but in this case there was no negotiation at all - In fact, the car was quite close to what I'm looking to pay and I would have put a deposit down after my questions were met. I'm not interested in driving down prices, I'm interested in buying one that meets my specification that also isn't unreasonably over-priced (i.e. more expensive than a franchised dealer).

Perhaps, but in this case there was no negotiation at all - In fact, the car was quite close to what I'm looking to pay and I would have put a deposit down after my questions were met. I'm not interested in driving down prices, I'm interested in buying one that meets my specification that also isn't unreasonably over-priced (i.e. more expensive than a franchised dealer).

As frustrating as it is, most dealers wouldn't want to fart 4rse about answering email questions, when a walk in wants the car.

As frustrating as it is, most dealers wouldn't want to fart 4rse about answering email questions, when a walk in wants the car.

Yeah, I figured as much - Just a fact of life I guess, and part (the main part, perhaps) of the reason why buying from over here can be exceptionally difficult. Perhaps I should start with waving the money in their face first and ask questions later. ;-)

there is always room for negotiations? ill try my luck seen two c63s on the site about 2k difference in them cant see why as both a 2013 cars with similar spec and mileage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom