anyone know how to get rid of bleeping noise starts around 80mph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

claude76

Car
CLA 200
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Welcome!

If your car has a Max speed warning gizmo, is it set at 80?

Does the satnav bleep if you exceed the speed limit? My (non-MB) one speaks a warning.

Can’t think of any more, but sorry, I’ll say what others may be thinking....

If it’s that annoying, don’t do more than 70!😇😇. (Or at least don’t admit to it!)

Malcolm

Not an ideal post to post on a public forum.

Videoing yourself using a phone/camera while driving and over the speed limit.

This day and age you'll get your wrists slapped.

It'll be the speed limit warning in the Sat Nav menu somwhere.

Filming yourself driving over the speed limit on your phone :wallbash:

The Becker Map Pilot that I had at the time, had this feature. It will sound a beeping noise if the speed limit has been excessed by a pre-defined margin (I'm guessing it was set to 10mpgh margin in this case). The interesting bit is that the NAVI screen did not even have to be on display - it just beeped regardless of what was happing won the Audio20 unit. If the car is equipped with Becker Map Pilot, then it's almost certainly that.

Or
The Becker Map Pilot that I had at the time, had this feature. It will sound a beeping noise if the speed limit has been excessed by a pre-defined margin (I'm guessing it was set to 10mpgh margin in this case). The interesting bit is that the NAVI screen did not even have to be on display - it just beeped regardless of what was happing won the Audio20 unit. If the car is equipped with Becker Map Pilot, then it's almost certainly that.
or Middle East spec....they all start beeping above 120km/h

Of course this was taken when driving on the Autobahn👍

Another first poster who has not bothered with reading the manual?

Another first poster who has not bothered with reading the manual?
No doubt you have read it word for word & know it all.
Maybe just maybe this first poster HAD read the manual & like me & others found it awash with self-serving warnings in order to protect Mercedes Inc. from being blamed for anything. Even after a first read not everything is obvious unless you are a smart-**** & therefore sometimes it's easier to engage in conversation with others or seek advice from what is hoped will be a friendly supportive & non-judgemental collection of fellow owners. Having owned a mere 2 humble Mercedes & many other cars over many years ( I won't brag & list them) I'm STILL discovering the occasional hitherto overlooked characteristic & I STILL have a read just out of interest.

It's not about being a smart ar*e, it's about knowing the basic workings of a modern(as in the last 15 years) car.
Just because some numpty hasn't had the intelligence to browse(not read) a manual in the last few decades doesn't mean someone who has is being condescending.

No doubt you have read it word for word & know it all.
Maybe just maybe this first poster HAD read the manual & like me & others found it awash with self-serving warnings in order to protect Mercedes Inc. from being blamed for anything. Even after a first read not everything is obvious unless you are a smart-**** & therefore sometimes it's easier to engage in conversation with others or seek advice from what is hoped will be a friendly supportive & non-judgemental collection of fellow owners. Having owned a mere 2 humble Mercedes & many other cars over many years ( I won't brag & list them) I'm STILL discovering the occasional hitherto overlooked characteristic & I STILL have a read just out of interest.
What a ridiculous post.

Of course I do not know the contents of the manuals for my cars verbatim but I can use an index and narrow down the area I need to find the detailed answer.

I also know better than to post a video on a public Forum of myself speeding using a handheld mobile 'phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom