Anyone know how to reset a Iphone without resorting to restore?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Bought Mrs A210 a new iPhone and was just backing her old one up... Plugged into her Mac buit it hasn't gone smoothly no idea why it all seemed to be?

We now get the message this iPhone needs restoring...If I do this I'm pretty sure I will lose everything on the phone as its not backed it up correctly.

Worse still this is the first time the old phone has been sync to a new mac...so no further backups,

I've tried the hard reset and another method I googled...but no luck. Just have the disc symbol with the lead...basically saying it needs plugging in.

aarrgghhh

I've not plugged the new one into itunes yet as little point yet? its mainly the pictures we want off the old phone. I did tryplugging her old phone into my PC but again the message says it needs restoring?

Try downloading a program called tinyumbrella, this will recognise the iPhone in recovery mode and has an option to exit/boot out of recovery mode. Had to use this a few times.

.M

As you have a Mac, you could maybe try iExplorer.app, it's an iPhone browser / backup / copy / restore tool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom