Anyone know the trade price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rirhill

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Estate
Hello
Does anyone know the trade price of SL500 2004 04 reg with 26000miles?

Thanks
Ian

Will check it on my glass software tomorrow.

Will check it on my glass software tomorrow.

Let us know how accurate these Vauxhall Glass's prices are pasted bellow..

Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500
5.0 Petrol 2-door Convertible
7 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive
Year: 2004 04
Mileage: 26,000

Estimated value of your car

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£22000
Average condition:
£19900
Below average condition:
£17700

http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/s...=vauxhall&laf=vauxhall&nuvvpath=b&sessionid=0

Last edited:
Let us know how accurate these Vauxhall Glass's prices are pasted bellow..

Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500
5.0 Petrol 2-door Convertible
7 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive
Year: 2004 04
Mileage: 26,000

Estimated value of your car

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£22000
Average condition:
£19900
Below average condition:
£17700

http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/s...=vauxhall&laf=vauxhall&nuvvpath=b&sessionid=0

Used to be able to get free Glass's valuations on Vauxhall site but I cannot find it there any more. Has that ended?

I went to Virtual Showroom site but could only find a Glass's valuation that you pay for. How do you get through to your free valuations, please?

Used to be able to get free Glass's valuations on Vauxhall site but I cannot find it there any more. Has that ended?

I went to Virtual Showroom site but could only find a Glass's valuation that you pay for. How do you get through to your free valuations, please?

I went on here (via the above link) and I got the valuation fine - about £6k for ours :crazy::eek:!

Having said that I looked on autotrader and reckon ours would go for something like 9-10k privately or 11-12k trade.

Right, prices as of the latest Glass' Guide.

Values assume the desirable glass roof.

Trade - £22075
Retail - £25975

BTW I dont use the average/below average values.

I look at each car on its own merits and then work backwards using any remedial costs as deductions off book price.

What costs me £200 to paint may cost someone else £400 etc so it is a very individual thing.

Also www.parkers.co.uk give you an idea of market prices.

Parkers is useless Im afraid.

Parkers costs £4 and Glass costs £50 per month, there is a reason.

I have cars here that parkers give at £5000 retail which glasses give at £6500 for example.

I have no idea where they get their data from, they must be on drugs with the prices they come up with, Im sure of it.

If parkers was reputable and accurate dealers, finance houses, insurance companies, fleet operators & auction houses would use it seeing how cheap it is, but they dont.

Parkers give this SL at £18,705 trade and £24,380 retail based on a mileage of 52,000. Trade would therefore be £16,000 adjusted which would be grossly underselling the vehicles value in terms of the customer getting the best deal for p/x, but the adjusted retail of £22,000 would also hugely mislead customers who would expect to buy one with such low mileage for that money.

Whatcar is also just as much of a load of tosh. For the SL mentioned Whatcar give it as £25290 trade (almost more than glass retail) and £29885 as the dealer price. That is severly inaccurate.

So, to give you an idea, 2 consumer-focussed valuation tools have a difference of £7000 (!) between their retail values and the same between trade values.

This shows just how unreliable and shoddy these pricing guides are.

There is a reason glass' is universally used and why the others are regarded as no more than waste paper.

I have no idea where they get their data from, they must be on drugs with the prices they come up with, Im sure of it.

Parkers give this SL at £18,705 trade and £24,380 retail based on a mileage of 52,000. Trade would therefore be £16,000 adjusted which would be grossly underselling the vehicles value in terms of the customer getting the best deal for p/x, but the adjusted retail of £22,000 would also hugely mislead customers who would expect to buy one with such low mileage for that money.

So a 52k miles car is worth more than a 26k miles one is it.? How odd, I always thought it was the other way round...I must be on drugs..

If you ADD £2k to the Parkers figures they appear to be right on the money....

I subtracted rather than added the adjustment in my hungover state.

Retard alert.

Thank god Im not working today.

Parkers would still be nearly £2k out on trade though.

Clink on my link, it's free and by the look of things current Glass's.

Last edited:
Parkers is useless Im afraid.

Parkers costs £4 and Glass costs £50 per month, there is a reason.

I have cars here that parkers give at £5000 retail which glasses give at £6500 for example.

If parkers was reputable and accurate dealers, finance houses, insurance companies, fleet operators & auction houses would use it seeing how cheap it is, but they dont.

Whatcar is also just as much of a load of tosh. For the SL mentioned Whatcar give it as £25290 trade (almost more than glass retail) and £29885 as the dealer price. That is severly inaccurate.

So, to give you an idea, 2 consumer-focussed valuation tools have a difference of £7000 (!) between their retail values and the same between trade values.

This shows just how unreliable and shoddy these pricing guides are.

There is a reason glass' is universally used and why the others are regarded as no more than waste paper.

If you Check who publishes Parkers you may be surprised at the connection to a well known trade guide.
Parkers PP valuation is a pretty accurate guide to auction prices for the occasional user.
CAP and Glass's often have large variations and many traders use CAP, nothings cast in stone !

Last edited:
I have tried this one as well and it is not very accurate, unless you want them to buy your car.

The free valuation on Vauxhall is still there. Look under "Servicing & Finance", then bottom right, find "Value your car".

This is still free.
Hooray. So it is. Fancy me not thinking that value my car would come under 'servicing and finance'! Very useful.

In my experience most dealers use Glass's and I have nearly always got at least the Glass's part ex price with a bit of effort.

How does Cap

http://www.cap.co.uk/Products/UsedValues/Cars/tabid/146/Default.aspx

Compare to Glass's for pricing information?

It lists cars right back to the early 90's so is the preferred choice for general traders.
Glass's is more targeted for the retail environment dealing in newer stock.
You can pick up last months copy of the CAP black book and Glass's on ebay.
I used to subscribe to CAP until I realized Parkers private Poor price was in fact the same as the basic trade price
(not to be confused with the Parker's trade price listing which is a PX value)

Last edited:
Thanks for the prices chaps. The most online parkers etc just don t make any sense.

Cheers
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom