Anyone know this SL63 - GV13NFT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Hi,

Been thinking about a nice GT upgrade for a while. Does anyone know this car at MB Waltham Cross? Seems a nice spec. Are there any things to worry about with this model?

Many thanks

DB1

I've just swapped from SLK 55's to an 2013 SL63 and I think it was a great move.
They seem to be pretty reliable (much better than the 230) but lots of toys can be a mixed blessing! At least you'll get two years warranty from an AMG dealer.
Check out the chassis number and see if its in the noisy cam chain batch.
In theory, yours as a '13 should be OK but some of these hung around the dealer for months before being sold.
See the attached pdf for more info.
Russ

Attachments

• Rattling noise after engine start (1).pdf
    43 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the replies - that is very helpful. Are there any “must have” options on the one advertised that I should have. It seems OK - has Drivers Assistance pack, wind deflector, HK Hifi etc...not sure how to link to it, but it is advertised on MB Waltham Cross and also in Autotrader.

I will have a look and see if I can find the chassis number and check - again thanks for the pointer...is being in this batch a reason for passing on this particular car?

I will have a look and see if I can find the chassis number and check - again thanks for the pointer...is being in this batch a reason for passing on this particular car?

To save you searching, here is the datacard for the above SL63 GV13NFT

Attachments

• WDD2314742F018919.pdf
    13.8 KB · Views: 12
The Safwat car is a far better specced car IMO... just missing the 19/20" upgrade alloys that I think make the car and a rarer option...

No, as MB will fix it under warranty - and you might be able to use it to get the price down...

The Safwat car is a far better specced car IMO... just missing the 19/20" upgrade alloys that I think make the car and a rarer option...

Spec sheet lists 19” AMG alloys?

Just to add my opinion although somewhat biased towards vented seats. The Safwat car has lighter coloured seats that are vented too so on a hot day with the roof down will be a lot more comfortable. Mine had black seats and although very practical, some times when I left the car with the hood open it was like sitting on a hot plate and despite having vented seats they never cooled down enough. So i made a note to myself, if I buy another get the lighter seats and ideally vented.
Just to add Arthur a chap I know has just bought a SLK AMG in that colour and it is really nice.

R231 chassis is very stiff, which makes the car handle quite well and ride beautifully

Loving my SL400 even though headlight issues is ruining the experience somewhat - apparently not unusual for pre facelift cars

The Safwat one does look better in most respects. They are also quite easy to deal with...

Thanks for all the comments. The MB car has quite a few less miles on it - and the spec has the Drivers Package - which is quite nice. So, apart from the vented seats i get the impression it has most things. Also, I prefer the color. However I am not in a rush so I can wait for a better spec one.

R231 chassis is very stiff, which makes the car handle quite well and ride beautifully

Loving my SL400 even though headlight issues is ruining the experience somewhat - apparently not unusual for pre facelift cars
What headlight issues are you having?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I guess that is the auto high beam, does manual system work? If so may be a sensor issue..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It is all working OK at the moment. Apparently related to excessive misting/condensations on the inside of the headlight covers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom