Anyone Know What Battery This Is?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Went to get a replacement battery for my other half's X-Trail via ECP, the battery arrived which is a standard size, however when removing the existing Nissan battery it became clear that the one in the car was a lot deeper and not a standard I had seen before:

White is original Nissan one, taller and narrower than the black standard battery I had as a repalcement.

qTtaF89.jpg

The + and - Terminal connectors will not reach the standard battery, nor will the bracket which holds it in place, I need to return it back to ECP, however I need to know what to ask for instead. any one help?

I did connect up the replacement and it worked fine, I just cannot secure it in place correctly. :(

Cheers!

Went to get a replacement battery for my other half's X-Trail via ECP, the battery arrived which is a standard size, however when removing the existing Nissan battery it became clear that the one in the car was a lot deeper and not a standard I had seen before:

White is original Nissan one, taller and narrower than the black standard battery I had as a repalcement.

qTtaF89.jpg

The + and - Terminal connectors will not reach the standard battery, nor will the bracket which holds it in place, I need to return it back to ECP, however I need to know what to ask for instead. any one help?

Cheers!
Sounds like they shipped the wrong battery, or their records don’t match, or your car already has an aftermarket battery.

I would suggest that you measure the size of the original, note the capacity, and ask for one which matches that description.

Best check whether it’s an AGM or lead acid battery too - it should be labelled accordingly.

The battery in the car is Nissan branded and the cars original one, (its from 08 and on its last legs) - yeah I will take it back to ECP, however I know they will only offer me what the website did :(

Ive never seen one like it before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom