Anyone know what the ESP Dynometer Test is/does ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk270

Car
Was W203 270CDI A'garde, Was CLK270CDi A'garde, Current Porsche BoxsterS, Mini SDAll4
Have discovered the secret MB diagnostics display on my C209 CLK. ;)

Nice info on it. Basically four screens:-

1. Battery Voltage
2. Vehicle VIN No. (beware if you buy another instrument cluster ??)
3. ESP Dynometer test - options are the default 'off' and 'w.ter.15 on'
4. Software type, Hardware type, and sump OIL LEVEL LITRES - interesting to see how much it drops when driving and how long it takes to drain back when engine is switched off.

All good stuff, but what does ESP Diagnostic Test Do ? :confused:

clk270 said:

1. Battery Voltage
4. Software type, Hardware type, and sump OIL LEVEL LITRES - interesting to see how much it drops when driving and how long it takes to drain back when engine is switched off.

I would assume its used when you have the car for a service and they do a dyno test on it rather than take it for a test run.

clk270 said:

1. Battery Voltage

You forgot to tell us how to access this secret info........

Access varies, the following works on 2003 C class, new CLK (209s) and maybe W211 E classes which use the same cluster as my CLK. 2000 - 2002 C Classes are slightly different - see later

1. Put key in ignition switch and turn to position 1
2. Use steering wheel page down button to select a on board computer screen other than the one with the mileage info (ie audio, OTG, etc)
3. push reset buttons 3 times in rapid succession
4. screen chnages to the diagnostic mode
5. use up and down buttons on strg wheel to select different screens
6. to see oil level in litres the ignition must be switched to position 2
7. Can watch the oil level, and battery voltage screens during engine fire up and running.

For 2000 - 2002 C classes instead of pushing the reset three times hold until a beep is heard - this can be anything up to 40seconds, during which time the screen may chnage back to the mileage page - don't worry just keep the reset pushed in, it will not reset the mileage display or the long term fuel consumption info.
To clear, turn off ignition and remove key
I have't tried it very often as yet, but apparently you sometimes have to wait some time after the key has been removed before it can be put back into the slot and access the info. For instance , if you arrive home form work and then decide to put the key back in straight away you might not get the access. Wait 10 minutes and should be OK.

Switching the dyno mode on stoppes ABC and ESP failing after putting the car on the dyno. I put my SL350 on the dyno without doing this, and it didn't like it at all. Three errors with ABS, ESP and SBC. Only driving for 20 miles and a few lock to lock turns sorted it out (thank goodnes!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom