Anyone know where is cheap insurence????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

butty871

Car
c180 w202
im a 19 year old girl. 1x speeding offence and 1x open claim
my insurence needs renewing on my c180 97 classic last year was 900GBP this years 1690GBP because i have no no claim bonus :(

please help

Admiral, elephant, tesco are usually the best for the young drivers we sell cars to.

thats what i thought but tesco was 1855GBP
does anyone know any private brokers??

thats what i thought but tesco was 1855GBP
does anyone know any private brokers??

I always try moneysupermarket and confused.com.....they always seem to be good, my sister Gina is 23 and hers is about £400 i think fully comp and she has a couple of non fault claims. Good luck...

Try Wilsons in Manchester always worked for me and gave me some reasonale quotes for a 17 year old driving a VW Polo with no driving History or no claims, suspect it will be the speeding and open claim that infuence it most though.

I always try moneysupermarket and confused.com.....they always seem to be good, my sister Gina is 23 and hers is about £400 i think fully comp and she has a couple of non fault claims. Good luck...

A couple?! :crazy: I have ONE! and 3 points....for parking.....on zig zags :D

I agree, I had my first merc at 17/18 and it was a c200 and I insured myself through Tesco (although this was before the accident and points), try them online. I wouldn't do the Tesco compare one though, just tesco quote, the value option doesn't really make a blind bit of difference either, and fully comp is the same pretty much as TPFT.

I'd consider selling the car and taking up Meerkats as a hobby.........

Simples!

Try A-plan, they sometimes come up with very good quotes.

I have been with direct line for years and they've been great.

They also do great discounts if there is another car insured with them at the same address.

Do you still live with your parents? - if so you could try getting one of them to take a policy with Direct line and then get a quote for yourself. Any difference in their cost would, I am guessing, be more than offset by the saving on yours.

Just a thought!
Good Luck

I have been with direct line for years and they've been great.

They also do great discounts if there is another car insured with them at the same address.

Do you still live with your parents? - if so you could try getting one of them to take a policy with Direct line and then get a quote for yourself. Any difference in their cost would, I am guessing, be more than offset by the saving on yours.

Just a thought!
Good Luck

thanks im with them now they have been great aswell but they wont do less than 1600.

I have just been quoted 1125 GBP with premium choice though which is best yet

I'd consider a cheaper car to insure for a few years until your no claims bonus was more.

I use swiftcover via a quote from search engine Confused.com
£133 comp for a group 18 car !
But.... your age means you may need to buy a car in a much lower insurance group to get a decent price.

With a speeding offence and the open claim I think the £1125 will be about the best you can get. Maybe when the claim has been close and the value of the pay out is known you may get it for less but otherwise I feel you really will be looking at least £1k

£1125 just over £21 ish per week if you can afford it go for it.

Or pay £5 less per week and drive an old fiesta or corsa no contest:).

Lynall

Own:
mercedes c180 1997
ML 500 (silver) 2008
ML 320 (Gold) 2004
S500 limo 2002
S600 sport 2004

Could you get a combined policy with the other cars you own?

£1125 just over £21 ish per week if you can afford it go for it.

Or pay £5 less per week and drive an old fiesta or corsa no contest:).

Lynall

I doubt a corsa would be much cheaper TBH, they sting any young driver according to the damage to other cars they could do not how much theirs is worth!

Check both 3rd party & fully comp as often the fully comp is cheaper :rolleyes:

Kate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom