Anyone know where to get 507 style alloys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevemoir

Car
C63 AMG
As above anyone know where to get 507 style alloys

Looking for the standard offsets aswell

Thanks

Steve

you wont get the standard offset steve but mine fit no problem

cm wheels nice guys to deal with and fast shipment..i had to get center caps off ebay so 20.00 xtra

you wont get the standard offset steve but mine fit no problem

cm wheels nice guys to deal with and fast shipment..i had to get center caps off ebay so 20.00 xtra

Do you feel any difference in driving going from original wheels?I assume they heavier than standard ones!!

nope no heavier than standard and drive just the same and for 520.00 a set

nope no heavier than standard and drive just the same and for 520.00 a set
Good then!
Yep,very attractive price,hope they will last long and finish will hold .If they are ,don't see a point to spend £3k for original ones!Did you have to use spacers to clear callipers or you just put them on and that was it? As far as I remember you put air vents on your bonnet! Are you planning any carbon styling for you beast?Love the colour of your 63! I think some aggressive carbon styling and I would c**e... ha ha...:D

Last edited:
There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about fake wheels, it had a link to a YouTube video - pretty disconcerting stuff.

Personally, I'd buy the OE version and steer well clear of any £520 eBay specials, especially on a £60k car.

What do you mean by fake wheels? made of sugar? If they fall apart while driving ,then I totally agree with you,but if they good and can do job then don't see the problem.I have Dots Hanzo on my 350z ,they only cost me £900 and I have no problems for nearly 3 years now.May be if you do track days then you need super light weight wheels.But normal driving think most of the wheels can do pretty good job.

What do you mean by fake wheels? made of sugar? If they fall apart while driving ,then I totally agree with you,but if they good and can do job then don't see the problem.I have Dots Hanzo on my 350z ,they only cost me £900 and I have no problems for nearly 3 years now.May be if you do track days then you need super light weight wheels.But normal driving think most of the wheels can do pretty good job.

I know Chris at CM and problem these wheels is no AMG stamping on them is there so can tell they are reps a mile off? I hope I'm wrong because I'll be buying some of I am!

dashurik said:

By "fake wheels" I mean wheels that look like AMG wheels but are made by someone other than Mercedes.

Search for the fake wheel thread, it's only a couple of weeks ago, watch the YouTube video and make your own mind up. That's what I've done and I will not be buying non genuine wheels.

By "fake wheels" I mean wheels that look like AMG wheels but are made by someone other than Mercedes.

Search for the fake wheel thread, it's only a couple of weeks ago, watch the YouTube video and make your own mind up. That's what I've done and I will not be buying non genuine wheels.

Buy a £60k car. Fit £500 wheels. Errrrrr no. :fail

Even legitimate wheels take a beating from reversing over/chipping the side on a kerb, fuming!!! Happened earlier at literally 10mph

image-4286058288.jpg

guys get a grip all alloys have to be of a standard required by law
do you honestly blve a wheel that could cause death or injury through failure would be allowed to be on sale
show me one instance where a aftermarket alloy has failed causing any kind of incident
i have been using aftermarket alloys for 35 yrs and never had one single issue
and have been driving modded cars since 17
go to any track day and watch the cars i bet at least 60% are blasting round on aftermarket alloys
Mercedes alloys cost a lot because mercedes figure if you can afford to buy one of their cars then you can afford to drop your pants and take it up the rear for its parts
For a road car aftermarket is fine and any alloy no matter whose will buckle or drop a lump out of it if the pothole is big enough and catches the edge

If anything the genuine MB wheels are more likely to cause an accident as they crack! I've owned my C63 for 2 years and had two rear wheels crack on me costing £500+ to replace each!

My current wheels are after market, replica, fake, imitation, take your pick, of AMG wheels.

I hit an exposed drain cover where the road at eroded around it, exposing 3" of the the drain. It was a massive impact which destroyed the tyre.

The alloy did not buckle or crack. The outer rim has a small dent in it and thats the only hint of the colossal impact. The wheel balanced perfectly when the new tyre was fitted and has been on the car since.

My experience is an impressive one and certainly bucks the myth such wheels will explode at the sight of a pothole.

Sorry for the slow reply guys currently offshore and a second apology for causing a mass argument lol

I know where everyone is coming from these were just going to be used as a set of winter wheels and nothing more

I've got my heart set on some renn Motorsport rs 51 for my summer wheels

Thanks

Steve

Sorry for the slow reply guys currently offshore and a second apology for causing a mass argument lol

I know where everyone is coming from these were just going to be used as a set of winter wheels and nothing more

I've got my heart set on some renn Motorsport rs 51 for my summer wheels

Thanks

Steve

My experience is wheels and tyres get more of a bashing in the winter vs the summer months, road conditions and the new year potholes.

Here's the link to the fake v original wheel video:

http://youtu.be/vaJixxQeosQ

There's a big difference between imitation wheels and after market wheels and it's important to be clear which we're talking about. With the former you usually have no idea who's made the wheel but can be pretty sure corners have been cut. After all if you're proud of your product you'd let the world know who made it right? With the latter you know who's behind the wheel and can do your own research on their reputation. It's also fair to say that many after market wheels are great and often better than original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom