Anyone live in Bournemouth, Dorset?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB-BTurbo

Car
B200 Turbo
I have been looking for a tailgate for my B class and this one has cropped up. Before I enter into any more discussion I was wondering if anyone lived there who wouldnt mind having a look at it ensuring there are no scratches, dents rust spots etc.

MERCEDES BENZ B CLASS 5 DOOR BOOT TAILGATE 2010 REG | eBay

Also does anyone know how to tell what colour black it is from just the tailgate? the seller doesnt know the vehicle it came from and cant trace the colour code to see if it matches with mine.

I can try and have a look tomorrow if that helps?

OP

You would do well to have it checked as the seller has some very negative feedback.

I can try and have a look tomorrow if that helps?

Thanks very much. Im a bit hesitant now for the below reasons. Also not being able to check the colour is a gamble as this is top dollar for a B class tailgate and I wouldnt want to have to repaint it. They normally range from £50 to £250 depending on condition so buy a good one in the wrong colour would be a waste of money.

The problem is they dont come up too often and they dont usually look as good as that.

If you were going past anyway I would be interested to hear your comments as to the overall condition but please dont go out of your way as Im not 100% sure yet whether to go with him.

OP

You would do well to have it checked as the seller has some very negative feedback.

I think the owner is called Habib if that rings any bells.

He has it sitting on its vulnerable edge on the ground...not exactly engendering confidence.

Do you think it's St. Christoher motor's?

Odd you should randomly pick a 2nd hand car sales place out of the whole of the Bournemouth area!?:confused:Are you local? Even more odd is that I phoned him earlier to find out where he is, and he is almost opposite, in what looks like lock up garages in the pics.

Lots of other stuff for sale, no doubt moved around a bit. I asked if it was mint, and was told there were a few surface scratches that would polish out. I thought it iffy he knew the exact year of the car, but was unable to find out the paint code, so you won't know if it's right until you see it in the flesh.

As you are hesitant and it's not handy, I won't make a special trip, but let me know if you decide you want to buy it.

Good choice!

I thought it iffy he knew the exact year of the car, but was unable to find out the paint code

Maybe it came with the license plate still on?

Bit of a niche business then!

Odd you should randomly pick a 2nd hand car sales place out of the whole of the Bournemouth area!?:confused:Are you local? Even more odd is that I phoned him earlier to find out where he is, and he is almost opposite, in what looks like lock up garages in the pics.

Lots of other stuff for sale, no doubt moved around a bit. I asked if it was mint, and was told there were a few surface scratches that would polish out. I thought it iffy he knew the exact year of the car, but was unable to find out the paint code, so you won't know if it's right until you see it in the flesh.

As you are hesitant and it's not handy, I won't make a special trip, but let me know if you decide you want to buy it.

Thanks very much Mike, I think considering the lack of clarity he is able to offer on the paint code it is too much to risk and I will have to wait for one to come up thats more local. Thanks again for the effort you have put in for me, its much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom