Anyone live near Kettering with a W210?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr tibbs

Car
S211 E320 Estate
Hi all
Is there anyone living near Kettering Northants that owns a W210 estate, that would mind letting me test my rear wiper motor on their car. I am pretty certain that my wiring is good, but I have tried a replacement wiper motor on our car and it doesn't work. The seller, Mercman, has asked that I send it back to him as he tells me that he tested it before despatch and it worked 100% (although I am suspicious that his testing procedure was to put +12 Volts on the motor terminal and 0 Volts to the earth terminal, thereby only powering the motor and none of the other components...). I really want to be sure that the wiring can operate the motor.
I guess that a jury rigged lamp assembly should do the same thing though? I will try to do that over the weekend if I get time and a dry day :)
TIA

Keith

The seller, Mercman, has asked that I send it back to him as he tells me that he tested it before despatch and it worked 100%

I suspect you will receive a response pretty soon if that was Mercman from Cornwall.

I suspect you will receive a response pretty soon if that was Mercman from Cornwall.
Yes it was that one. So far he does seem to be very good and his communication is great. Can hardly believe that I have bought a wiper motor that has the same fault as mine, especially as he said he had tested it. This is why I want to test my wiring out with another known unit. I tested the unit that was sent to me and I could not get it to perform no matter what I tried. I also tried his test of +12 and 0 Volts across the motor with no joy using a 10 Amp bench power supply, really frustrated with this fault now :(

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom