anyone looking for an honest w124 e220?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeouk

Car
2010 bmw 325d m sport coupe.......2007 transit high roof ,LWB......
i noticed this yesterday while driving past a local garage, the guy auctions of old trade ins with no reserve on ebay. I actualy sold this car brand new when i worked at the local mercedes agent. I stopped and had a look round it and its very clean, straight and honest for a 15year old car. Went had had a chat with the garage owner and he says it has alot of merc history and the last owner has kept all recipts from when he bought it.
just thought it would be of interest to someone here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300290145913

:rock: bought it myself, i decided it was too good to let it go to someone else

I would have gone for it myself, but it was too far away...... Looked nice.

That is just down the road from me in Askam-in-Furness! Was it originally from MB of South Lakes then? or whatever is was called before Stratstone bought it out.

That is just down the road from me in Askam-in-Furness! Was it originally from MB of South Lakes then? or whatever is was called before Stratstone bought it out.

Yes, it was called cumbria vehicles when i worked there, i cant remember the name of the group but they had bridgegate bmw in derby and quite a few other dealerships, then stratstone bought them out and its now part of the pendragon group.

I even remember the couple who bought this car new, they were chinese and all the reg numbers dvla had given us had a 5 in them, apparantly the number 5 is unlucky to the chinese (someone correct me if im wrong) so i got m68teo from the nissan dealer id worked for previously.
when you say askam is down the road, do you mean you live in askam?

Bet you find rust under the chrome arches ... ;)

No one puts them on unless the arch lip is going rusty and they want to hide it rather than pay to have it repaired . :)

Looks a nice car otherwise though , good buy !!

No one puts them on unless the arch lip is going rusty and they want to hide it rather than pay to have it repaired . :)

there probably will be rust under there, but i figured, for the money its a cheap smoker that i can insure as a classic and after a year either spend money to get it tiptop or break it. I was thinking of taking those arches off because ive always hated them but then id have to get the wings painted and if i get that done i might aswell get new wings, so its a dilema. Anyone know how much a pair of new wings cost?

I did on my BMW E32 with chrome handles, arches, grill and black windows. No rust (not everyone puts them on to hide rust), just thought it was cool:rock:(at the time!)

Alan

BMW E32 and W124 are a different kettle of fish .

W124 arches rust badly so people put them on to hide it . BMW arches don't rust too badly so people put them on because they like them.

We were talking about a w124 in the OP's post , not a BMW .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom