Anyone lowered there W219 CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tigerade

Car
CLS 320 diesel
Who's lowered there W219 CLS and what springs did you use?

Not a 219 but I know someone with a 218 he's using H&R front springs and rear lowering links, as are most others.

I'll probably put them on my 212 eventually, though I'm not in a rush as yet...

Somebody did do a 219 on here. They used coilovers

We lowered Karl's CLS (KillerHertz), using STAR.

The OP can't have airmatic, so this would not be possible for him.

I wish I didn't have airmatic to be fair lol :bannana:

Alfie said:
Why not? He hasnt stated if he has or not. It was an option.

Perhaps I wrongly assumed he didn't have airmatic. with OP asking what 'springs' others had used.
I dont have springs on my cars equipped with airmatic, perhaps others do!?

Apologies OP if I have misinformed you, I will bow out and leave it to the experts.

Sorry I should have said, I don't have air rear suspension.

I'm asking about springs as I've had new front springs and after 2k miles it still sits to high at the front. It's never sat high since I've owned the car. The Merc indie has said there the correct springs for my car and there Merc springs that were fitted.

I'm asking about springs as I've had new front springs and after 2k miles it still sits to high at the front. It's never sat high since I've owned the car. The Merc indie has said there the correct springs for my car and there Merc springs that were fitted.

OEM springs usually come with markings, to indicate which model they are for. If they have been swapped like for like, for the same marked springs, the ride height should not have changed much.

Did MB supply the springs using the VIN to ident the correct part? If not, I suggest they are the wrong ones, even if the Indie says they are Merc springs..

Litcan91, did you drop 30mm at the front and 25mm at the rear and what size spring shim did you use?
I'm going to order mine this week but unsure to get the H&R or Eibach spring.

Litcan91, did you drop 30mm at the front and 25mm at the rear and what size spring shim did you use?
I'm going to order mine this week but unsure to get the H&R or Eibach spring.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/197300-just-lowered-my-merc.html

The thread above is not my car, but it is a CLS lowered on eibach springs, from the photos, the car looks perfect in terms of height, I'd go for same eibach springs.

Thanks for reply fella, I was going to get the Eibach springs but wanted to know which spring plates were fitted.
I shall be ordering either H&Rs or the Eibach's next week.

This is how my car used to sit before front spring snapped and had them replaced.

Thanks for link, It would've been great with fitting too, but it's a little far from Blackpool. Shame tho

I've started to wonder if mine had already ready lowered at some point by the way it sat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom