Anyone near Southside in Glasgow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rsvgreg

Car
CLK63 AMG, CLK55, Audi Q7-4.2, A6-4.2, Ducati Monster 1200S, Aprillia RSV1000R, A210 LWB
I have my eye on an 02 W208 CLK, one of the last W208's made. I was wondering if anyone local would be wiling to cast a quick eye over the car, if it's reasonable I would fly up and look/buy.

It's a CLK230 that has been advertised for about two weeks by a trader. I have a nice old CLK55AMG, W208, low miles but every panel has minor damage and frankly at £775 this car could perhaps accept a transplant (Engine and running gear) over the winter. I don't use the car much and I have the space and time.

The car was still for sale yesterday for some odd reason at that money does not seem to be moving. I will do an HPI etc before wasting anyone's time going to see it, just trying to get a plan together.

Any help welcome.

Regards.
Greg

Do you have a link to it ?

Cancel that , just found it on Gumtree. - Prospecthill Place , Toryglen. The pics in the add are not where the seller stays according to the map location on the advert. Seems a nice car from the upsidedown pics and cheap too , possibly too cheap ?

Without sounding to "snobby" it is not the best area in Glasgow ,IMHO, to go car shopping especially for a car that is around half the price of similar age / condition / mileage vehicles.

If it is half the price and hasn`t sold quickly then i smell something dodgy , loads of stories around of "bargains" to entice the potential purchaser into a trap.

I wouldnt entertain it as a potential purchase , for the above reasons, even though i am only 10 miles away let alone from Newmarket.

Kenny

Last edited:
Thanks Kenny. Just the kind of advice I was looking for, I will give this one a miss I think. Plenty more fish in the sea as they say.

Thanks for such a prompt reply, really proves the worth of the forum. Hope I can help you or someone else in the same way sometime soon.

Greg

Just the kind of advice I was looking for, I will give this one a miss I think

No worries , just off to buy it now that you have brought it to my attention and now that you are no longer interested ;)

I always check the location of any potential purchases very carefully , on Google Street, prior to viewing as if the general area doesnt "support" the type of vehicle being sold i wont even give it a second thought. I went to view a 190 a few years back that i was assured was "mint" and had a full MB history , on further inspection of the sellers location he could not afford a can of paint for the front door or a lawn mower for the jungle at the front of the house let alone a service done at the main dealer so i didnt bother.

There are a few reports of veiwers going to see a vehicle and it not being there but it is in a safe place down this dark lane under a railway arch and if you give the seller and a couple of his mates a lift down to the area then you can view it , in your dreams and when you recover consciousness. :fail

Kenny

Wouldn't the effort to transplant the clk55 power train outweigh the cost of a trip to a decent bodyshop for a midlife makeover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom