Anyone needing to work over Christmas like me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
7 12 hour shifts in a a and e department starting Christmas Day. My son is gutted. Me too!!

Eighty four hours in seven days! In a high pressure environment over the entire festive period. Not good at all. I feel for you. And thank you.

Last edited:
7 12 hour shifts in a a and e department starting Christmas Day. My son is gutted. Me too!!

Thank you though, and all others who are working when others are relaxing, particularly at this time. My sister in her operating theatre days spent many a Christmas at work. I have just about forgiven her for leaving me on my own with my parents...

Just finished back to work on 28th and then stop again on the 30th and back on the 2nd .:)

I will finish after a nice 13 hour stint at about 6,pm tom and have my first 3 day Xmas with no on call in at least 10 years. Last Xmas eve I was on call and finally arrived home at 8am Xmas day. On call new years eve instead this year.

I am back to work Boxing Day as I am involved in replenishing Tesco's frozen food in store around the country.

I quite often do work over the festive season , but not this year

On call - client managed to ruin yesterday's day with my daughter by escalating an issue that was down to them deleting files on their live system. This morning's email trail is full of "it appears...", "somehow", etc, whilst not a single acknowledgement of their ****-up. Actually had one email blaming me and asking why I needed to know what they had done in order to get the team diagnosing the problem (which ended up being different to what they originally reported).

Hey ho...

Backshift on the 25th for me , 14:00 --- 22:00 :(

Just so we can print 300k newspapers for Boxing day , I wonder how many they actually sell :confused:

Kenny

With 5 grandchildren visiting my 'work' is only just starting.....

My standby starts on Boxing day for a week - gritting!

I'll try not to trouble you! I appreciate that you are there though for those in need. When you do get some time off - enjoy it.

(I have in the past worked over the festive period. Nothing as important as A and E (16hr shifts coordinating road gritting operations) but a small part of keeping us all mobile and safe nonetheless).

Working Boxing Day (we have a house full - I'll be ready for some peace and quiet by then...) and New Year's day - I'm a civil servant, but my office is 24/7/365, so it's only fair that I work some of the period.

It's alright for those of you who work and get "some" time off during the festive period, or time off in lieu, please spare a thought for those of us considered fortunate to be retired, we get no extra day off, it is all just the same as usual, one day running into the next, with nothing special like a weekend or Bank holiday to look forward too :D

My thanks go out to all those who work on Christmas day to help make our lives safer and healthier. :thumb:

I've only had the misfortune to work on Christmas day once, but not for such good deeds, instead because our potential clients were in a part of the world that didn't celebrate and weren't prepared to accept a delay with our bid.

But I've long since joined the layabout brigade (aka retired) so no longer worry about such things. My Christmas work is now restricted to opening wine bottles, a bit of cooking and carving turkey. :D

Working all the way through the festive period no days off here.

I'm glad though time off means spending time with the Mrs and kids which would drive me up the wall.

I drew the short straw this year,12 hours tomorrow and Boxing Day and New Years day monitoring traffic at the Dartford Crossing;Rolleyes.

Broke up last friday but then got asked to fit a door for a mate on Saturday which I did, then got a panic call off another mate who's front door had jammed & couldn't lock it on Sunday! After sorting those out I could get my feet up for a well earned rest.

Sent from my knackered S4, so im Struggling to read owt, using MBClub UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom