anyone ordered from German Ebay sellers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shrink_777

Car
C250d AMG line
Im after some bits for my CLK 208 seen some really good bits in Germany but bit dodgy about ordering from Germany and that.

Has anyone else ordered from oversea ebayers before??

Yes.

I bought a rear exhaust box ffor my Audi Estate rom a German seller @30% of a GSF price incliuding the postage!

It was on my car with 72hrs of me clicking to buy/pay for it.

All depends on the seller I guess.

i had a few things for my cars from germany & never had a prob .all via ebay

Out of all ebayers I'd trust the Germans more than UK members....they have an inbuilt hatred of Paypal and see it as corrupt.

Their postal system puts ours to shame in service and cost.

As long as you take the usual precautions about feeback etc and email the guy first if it doesn't clearly state He'll ship abroad then I'd generally be comfortable.

Yes , I've bought a few items from german ebay.

A couple of thoughts:

Paypal is not a common payment method, although some do use it. Sellers usually want payment via a transfer to their account. Not an issue for higher value items but, because your bank will charge you about £15 or so to do this, doesn't make sense for low value items.

Need to make sure that seller is willing to ship to uk.

Other than that, no issues that I'm aware of.

Bizarrely the best way of sending payment to Germany is by post - just put the Euro notes (which you can buy at the Post Office) in an envelope and use the Royal Mail £4-odd service to send the cash insured

The rest of Europe can send Euro transfers for €1 - but not the UK, of course

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Yes have bought several items from Germany without any problems. Shipping can take a while (and I had one item returned to the seller by our PO because they had put my address in the wrong format :rolleyes:). As mentioned, payment was by BIC/IBAN transfer, which most banks charge for.

Most sellers will converse in English (either they speak it or know someone who does), if necessary.

My wife is German, and having written in German to a seller on eBay.de got a reply in English because of the UK address!

I have bought many items from Germany, France and Holland on eBay and never a problem. Obviously one need to read the reviews of the sellers.

The only things I've ordered from German Ebayers has been magasines, but I've never had any problems at all.
Just expect delivery to take a few extra days.

Darren

Yep, bought from Ebay.de with no probles.

Make sure you're getting what you think. Don't assume it's what's in the picture. Get a translation.

The forum alerted the Dent Guy to an AMG bumper on de. The picture showed a complete bumper with grills and everything. The auction was in fact for just the number plate mount. Lucky for him, he found out before bidding.

I bought a roof rack from Austria recently (same language ;)) I used yahoo Babel fish to translate my queries and his replies which seemed to work very well as the vendor complimented my German language skills, so I sent him the link to Babel fish and he then replied in perfect English. :D

I found using the translator twice (ie. put the translated german back into english) helped to iron out any odd language which slipped through.

I paid with a bank transfer which I think cost about £5.

Ade

Ja ja, können wir alle nicht sprechen deutsch?

(no, I did not use the translator)

:D

Natürlich - but not sure about your grammar.. ;)

I lived there for a year but never got beyond fluent-conversational-bad-german, could chat away in a bar but couldn't write a grammatically correct sentence to save my life despite the best efforts of my Fachhochshule teacher.... :D

I bought a cradle the other day, transaction was as smooth as silk, paid with paypal, it arrived in three days.

Natürlich - but not sure about your grammar.. ;)

I lived there for a year but never got beyond fluent-conversational-bad-german, could chat away in a bar but couldn't write a grammatically correct sentence to save my life despite the best efforts of my Fachhochshule teacher.... :D

Hm... yes, you are right. Problem is, being a swede, living in Britain for over 12 years and work with Germany, Poland, Russia, US, Asia and the Middle East daily may have something to do with my "confusion".

I do have grammatics problem when writing german. Speak, usually no worries.

Something else than confuses me is the similarities between Swedish, German and Danish and Norweigan (which I also speak fluently).

Hm... yes, you are right. Problem is, being a swede, living in Britain for over 12 years and work with Germany, Poland, Russia, US, Asia and the Middle East daily may have something to do with my "confusion".

I do have grammatics problem when writing german. Speak, usually no worries.

Something else than confuses me is the similarities between Swedish, German and Danish and Norweigan (which I also speak fluently).

Something to do with putting the words in the opposite order to how you think they should be... :D

My wife speaks English as a second language and she reckons its a pig to learn - when she asks me why things are like they are linguistically, more than likely I have to reply with a shrug..

Ade

Something to do with putting the words in the opposite order to how you think they should be... :D

My wife speaks English as a second language and she reckons its a pig to learn - when she asks me why things are like they are linguistically, more than likely I have to reply with a shrug..

Ade

You are spot on! I have been "englishified" I think! :cool:

My wife is also a non-english-first-language person but also speaks Russian... and can understand some swedish as well as another 5 or so languages of europe.

Guess what nationality (no, not ruski)?

Im after some bits for my CLK 208 seen some really good bits in Germany but bit dodgy about ordering from Germany and that.

Has anyone else ordered from oversea ebayers before??

I've ordered several bits and pieces of german ebay sellers, never had a problem and they have shipped very quickly. I've only ever ordered small stuff like button switches, valve caps, etc., .

I have just bought some AMG bits from ebay.de, awaiting delivery, and I paid via bank transfer. The seller I bought off seems pretty honest and has been communicating pretty efficiently. I hope the bits turn up now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom